I couldn’t take any more

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

I couldn’t take any more

Post by goldrod » Sat May 18, 2019 11:08 am

Planned out my trip, boat was ready so when I awoke all I had to do was go. Well I made it to the lake and after an hour I left. I simply couldn’t take the traffic on the water. Seems like the wakeboarders thought I my boat was a wake board. I’d make a cast and have to reel it in quickly because the tubers or jet ski with people in tow were between me and the lure. I made a few cast with the kahen spool 15# floro and 3/8oz jig and the BE 12# floro 3/8 Oz megabass grass jig. Medhvy OG camara rod for the kahen spool and med ex fast OG Cumara rod for the BE spool

What I can tell you is I like them both.
Had another BE come in today.

I had my med expride rod with Antares reel previous generation reel. 10# against my otterrod Custom jb rod with spiral guides.
The expride is crisp and beautiful but it comes near the custom rod but not in a way that I’d sell the custom rod. They did get a lot of things right though

Had the 7’1” Valkyrie rod out and transition from close to far with a c-rig and the handle was a huge plus. Sensitivity was not lacking
I threw in the towel when a speeding cat neared my position a great neck speed. The boat ramp was a mess, way too painful to recover the boat. So many blind people leading other blind people that I almost stayed just to watch the boat ramp show.
They were so frequent and entertaining that I almost felt guilty because I didn’t pay
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: I couldn’t take any more

Post by ShimanoFan » Sat May 18, 2019 11:21 am

This is an interesting post.

Here in Florida we know which lakes are over run by the weekend circus carnival, and so we either do not go out on the weekend- especially to those places, or we go to places the circus does not go. Problem solved, since we will never control the weekend circus...

Do you have places in your area that are remote and inaccessible to the weekend circus paraders?

This is the nice thing about Florida... we do! And lots of them too! Lots of choices every day of the week where we won't even see another person any where around.

Hopefully you can find some places like that in your area???
Why is there a concerted effort of hate? And why is it allowed?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat May 18, 2019 12:04 pm

I’m in Florida as well
I went to a military base that only allows active duty or retirees on however the other side of the water is civilian. Yes I probably should have picked a different spot and I thought about it. I was at trout creek yesterday and was looking to do some jb fishing.

The crowd doesn’t come until summer is in swing and school is out. I guess this year is different.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat May 18, 2019 12:08 pm

I’m tied up all next week with work and school and I’ve not been out til recently because I just got my boat out of the shop which was nearly a three month wait in and of itself

But for those who are interested
The kahen spool on my scale weighs in at .335 Oz
And the BE .375.

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Sat May 18, 2019 1:18 pm

Trout Creek? As in off off hiway 13 Jacksonville area with boat ramp at the old RV park turned into public park?

Have you ever considered going across the river to Black Creek instead?

I use to fish that area, but now I am in central Florida.

Kingsley lake is near there. Not a whole lot of choices in that particular area of Florida unless you travel a little ways.

I'm in central Florida and we have virtually unlimited waters around here. Plenty of places to get away from the crowds.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat May 18, 2019 1:37 pm

ShimanoFan wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 1:18 pm
Trout Creek? As in off off hiway 13 Jacksonville area with boat ramp at the old RV park turned into public park?

Kingsley lake is near there. Not a whole lot of choices in that particular area of Florida unless you travel a little ways.

I'm in central Florida and we have virtually unlimited waters around here. Plenty of places to get away from the crowds.
We are talking the same language.
I've done extremely well in trout creek, but not really trout creek. I've been wanting to try governors creek and may do so tomorrow. Kingsley lake was where I went this morning and I should have stuck to my first thought. I normally only go during the week when most people are at work. I'll travel down towards the central area this summer. If I am using daiwa reels I don't got anywhere that's has a chance of brackish water so thats what attracted me to kingsley but on the river I use only the safe stuff. Lake sampson was good to me as well but water was low when I went last. I wonder how thats doing.. But on the river this summer I plan on learning a bit more of ledge fishing.. I dont fish tournaments so i do is learn

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Sat May 18, 2019 4:45 pm

goldrod wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 1:37 pm
so all i do is learn
Curious if you are interested in hearing some history from that area, and why I avoid the SJR up there?

How long have you been in that area fishing it?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat May 18, 2019 4:54 pm

ShimanoFan wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 4:45 pm
goldrod wrote:
so all i do is learn
Curious if you are interested in hearing some history from that area, and why I avoid the SJR up there?

Always interested

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sat May 18, 2019 5:37 pm

goldrod wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 4:54 pm
ShimanoFan wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 4:45 pm
goldrod wrote:
so all i do is learn

Always interested

Your walking into the abyss.. safer to just google it...:shock:

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Mon May 20, 2019 7:47 am

Hold on, lemme get the popcorn ready...
This is the way.

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Mon May 20, 2019 6:53 pm

goldrod wrote:
ShimanoFan wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 1:18 pm

We are talking the same language.
I've done extremely well in trout creek, but not really trout creek. I've been wanting to try governors creek and may do so tomorrow. Kingsley lake was where I went this morning and I should have stuck to my first thought. I normally only go during the week when most people are at work. I'll travel down towards the central area this summer. If I am using daiwa reels I don't got anywhere that's has a chance of brackish water so thats what attracted me to kingsley but on the river I use only the safe stuff. Lake sampson was good to me as well but water was low when I went last. I wonder how thats doing.. But on the river this summer I plan on learning a bit more of ledge fishing.. I dont fish tournaments so i do is learn
Its a shame the Jax area does not have more water for you get on. The river has some serious problems as we discussed while fishing today and was placed on the "waters in peril" list back in 2008, but is undergoing now the second largest restoration project in the state and over 150 miles of flood control levees said to be the largest flood control project in the world.

The nice thing about this restoration project is they are creating tens of thousands of newly flooded acres for us to fish in.

We are lucky in the central and north east Florida areas because most of the raw sewage coming from Orlando all flows right on down to Lake Okeechobee and is sent right on down to Miami where it belongs! Hope they like fishing in Orlando's poop because that is where it is all going these days along with theirs.

The following map illustrates the "poop" flow and why Lake Okeechobee is Florida's toilet bowl lake.

Point is, for us bass fishermen, to stay out of the poop flow! Scientists are saying a result of this poopy problem 60% of Lake Okeechobee's pollution is from human feces, but there is a chemical created called BMAA that causes neurological disorders and alzheimers, Parkinsons, ALS, and dementia and other forms of neurological deterioration. It goes a long way in explaining how crazy people are down there! lol!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta-Meth ... -L-alanine

Here is an excellent video on the subject, and why smart people avoid the Big O... its a tough watch but these doctors and scientists and biologists lay it all out there...

Got your popcorn ready? Hope you can stomach it while watching what people in Miami live in and fish in and drink from! Orlando poop! Sad but true!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DVkHW2W0yE[/youtube]

But, you know, to stay healthy, we gotta arm ourselves with knowledge and steer clear of the poopy water and only fish in Florida's cleanest clear waters we can find, and that is where the state biologists and scientists come in... all the hydrology reports are public.

And with this knowledge, it is well advised to steer clear of certain parts of the SJR as well, but thankfully our central Florida poop for the most part does NOT flow to Jacksonville in the river! It goes down the Kissimmee River into the toilet bowl lake of BMAA mind destroying waters...

Fortunately for us in our area we have most of Florida's clean clear spring waters flowing into the river in our central Florida area diluting the pollution tremendously and improving water quality for us...

Here is a copy of the Upper River basin restoration project report.

http://www.lsjr.org/pdf/SWIM_Plan_USJRB_2007.pdf

Stick marsh and farm 13 are a part of this plan... the more well known parts of it, but there are other parts of it most in Florida have no clue, and people coming here to fish also have no clue and we like to keep it that way!

When you get the chance, review the lecture given by Hector Herrera back in 2014 and take a look at the newly flooded areas, over 150,000 acres of new unmapped fishing areas.

The 3-year time frame is upon us now, and so exploring these new waters for fishing opportunities should be getting hotter now.

So this can be some new target areas for you not far from Jax.
Last edited by ShimanoFan on Mon May 20, 2019 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Mon May 20, 2019 7:36 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 5:37 pm

Your walking into the abyss.. safer to just google it...:shock:
You can google it, but you gotta know what to look for.

Kind of ironic the state of Florida produces lists of Florida's dirtiest waters, lakes, and rivers, but not the cleanest! You gotta pry that out of them, or find the right reports and decipher technical data to find the cleanest waters.

It is interesting in that today, even the BassMaster elite series chooses their site to launch tournaments based on this same information... which Goldrod now has in his hands for reviewing himself. I guarantee you it will change how you think about Florida waters and more importantly how we fish them.

And if you listen to the scientists and doctors and biologists in the video linked to above, it becomes very clear that smart people should avoid the poop flow big time. Simple as that. So sad the people in South Florida have NO WHERE to go. So where do they go? Right into the toilet bowl of Florida and highest concentrations of BMAA.

Most of us in the Orlando area avoid the Big O like the plague! We have crystal clear clean water to fish, not a filthy polluted toilet bowl. Goldrod is now seeing the light too! And rightly so!

I look forward to reading his posts here as he catches up on some of this info that will guide his casts in the future!

And just in case you missed it, here is that video link again... a very informative look into Florida's poopy water problem and where it is going:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DVkHW2W0yE[/youtube]

And what is really scary and sad is the BMAA creation and where it is going and what it is doing to humans quietly each and every day down in South Florida that NO ONE is talking about because if they knew... and you know this BMAA goes through filter systems and is not "killed" with chlorine since it is an acid. It stays in the water right on into the houses and apartments and condos in South Florida's drinking waters.

I'd be concerned if I lived down there what it is doing to my brain and the brains of our children too! Kids depend on parents to protect them, but how do you protect your kids from an amino acid in the water that causes brain damage? You'd think this sort of thing would be big news...

Scientists say it is in the fish too! It is now in the food chain. Humans are living like stupid idiots and not smart enough to know it!

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Tue May 21, 2019 6:28 am

I found it Goldrod!

Last night I told you about what former Governor Rick Scott did behind closed doors in making some secret agreement to allow Georgia Pacific in Palatka permission to increase the amount of toxic waste they dump into the river:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2015/2 ... ne-Scandal

What does this mean for Jacksonville?

Well the SJR is just over 300 miles long and flows north. And since Jacksonville is right at the end of this long river, all of the accumulated pollution and waste that flows or is dumped into it all arrives in Jacksonville in the highest possible concentrations.

We are talking about hundreds of miles of cattle manure run off going into the river daily, along with fertilizers, and human feces waste as well.

But the worst offenders for decades have been the paper pulp mills of Palatka like Georgia Pacific mentioned above requesting permission to dump even more toxic waste into the river.

So the amount of pollution in the river is not so bad BELOW Palatka, but is the worst is NORTH of Palatka because of the paper pulp mills.

This is why the BassMaster launches their elite series tournaments just South of these paper pulp mills toxic inflows into the river.

You should notice they not only launch South of the paper mills, but most anglers turn their boats to the South and go further South to fish the river and NOT to the north because of this toxic water problem.

Remember when I said I quit fishing the river back in the 1980's when the fish were coming out of the river with black cancerous looking sores on them and their fins were eaten off, and blue crabs were coming out with missing limbs and black tips on those limbs?

When you see this sort of thing, it stopped me from fishing the river in 1982 and I have not fished it since north of Palatka for this reason.

Most people who live in the same area you do also avoid the main river channel and instead hit the tributaries feeding into the river for cleaner water as you mentioned above in original post.

Also avoid Doctors Lake as well. But as you mentioned Governor's creek, and Black Creek, Trout Creek and others offer cleaner water to fish in, but it is best to just get away from the river system in north Florida until they get this horrific pollution situation under control and cleaned up.

300 miles of pollution inflow all winds up concentrated in your area and it is best to avoid it as much as possible.

But in central Florida is another story! Take a look at our schooling bass action we get in June, July, and August... one bass after another almost on every cast when the conditions are right out there...

Here is a video of a young man who stumbled onto one of our best kept secrets in central Florida... and notice- pay close attention to when this young man knocks his fly rod into the water... look how deep it is when he stands up the fly rod which is actually touching river bottom...

He is anchored in water about 18 inches deep and there are thousands of schooling bass in front and behind him. He can not cast fast enough!

I lived on this river in central Florida for 12 years, and plan on retiring out there so I can enjoy this for the rest of my life... but you gotta know where this type of bass concentration happens and how to find them as these large schools of bass roam up and down the river. But once you do find them, you can catch more bass than you can count, on just about every cast from 3pm to near sundown every day through the summer.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLFYoMr6wfk[/youtube]

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Fri May 24, 2019 8:41 am

goldrod wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 12:08 pm
The kahen spool on my scale weighs in at .335 Oz
And the BE .375.
Have you considered trying full ceramic bearings?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri May 24, 2019 8:59 am

ShimanoFan wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 6:28 am
I found it Goldrod!

Last night I told you about what former Governor Rick Scott did behind closed doors in making some secret agreement to allow Georgia Pacific in Palatka permission to increase the amount of toxic waste they dump into the river:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2015/2 ... ne-Scandal

What does this mean for Jacksonville?

Well the SJR is just over 300 miles long and flows north. And since Jacksonville is right at the end of this long river, all of the accumulated pollution and waste that flows or is dumped into it all arrives in Jacksonville in the highest possible concentrations.

We are talking about hundreds of miles of cattle manure run off going into the river daily, along with fertilizers, and human feces waste as well.

But the worst offenders for decades have been the paper pulp mills of Palatka like Georgia Pacific mentioned above requesting permission to dump even more toxic waste into the river.

So the amount of pollution in the river is not so bad BELOW Palatka, but is the worst is NORTH of Palatka because of the paper pulp mills.

This is why the BassMaster launches their elite series tournaments just South of these paper pulp mills toxic inflows into the river.

You should notice they not only launch South of the paper mills, but most anglers turn their boats to the South and go further South to fish the river and NOT to the north because of this toxic water problem.

Remember when I said I quit fishing the river back in the 1980's when the fish were coming out of the river with black cancerous looking sores on them and their fins were eaten off, and blue crabs were coming out with missing limbs and black tips on those limbs?

When you see this sort of thing, it stopped me from fishing the river in 1982 and I have not fished it since north of Palatka for this reason.

Most people who live in the same area you do also avoid the main river channel and instead hit the tributaries feeding into the river for cleaner water as you mentioned above in original post.

Also avoid Doctors Lake as well. But as you mentioned Governor's creek, and Black Creek, Trout Creek and others offer cleaner water to fish in, but it is best to just get away from the river system in north Florida until they get this horrific pollution situation under control and cleaned up.

300 miles of pollution inflow all winds up concentrated in your area and it is best to avoid it as much as possible.

But in central Florida is another story! Take a look at our schooling bass action we get in June, July, and August... one bass after another almost on every cast when the conditions are right out there...

Here is a video of a young man who stumbled onto one of our best kept secrets in central Florida... and notice- pay close attention to when this young man knocks his fly rod into the water... look how deep it is when he stands up the fly rod which is actually touching river bottom...

He is anchored in water about 18 inches deep and there are thousands of schooling bass in front and behind him. He can not cast fast enough!

I lived on this river in central Florida for 12 years, and plan on retiring out there so I can enjoy this for the rest of my life... but you gotta know where this type of bass concentration happens and how to find them as these large schools of bass roam up and down the river. But once you do find them, you can catch more bass than you can count, on just about every cast from 3pm to near sundown every day through the summer.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLFYoMr6wfk[/youtube]
Thanks man I appreciate it