Needing rod recommendation - $300-450 budget - Amazon only

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
krevo
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Needing rod recommendation - $300-450 budget - Amazon only

Post by krevo » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:07 am

I'm having trouble deciding on a new rod with the limited options Amazon has. I've got a bunch of gift card credit and want to add a high end rod multipurpose spinning rod to my arsenal. Something I can use for fishing freshwater soft plastics and take to the coast to fish for reds and trout.

I was thinking of a St Croix Legend Xtreme, but I'm wondering what other options I have in that same realm. If you were buying a 7' medium power fast or xfast action spinning rod in that price range - which rod are you choosing?

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Needing rod recommendation - $300-450 budget - Amazon only

Post by Dalleinf » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:51 am

Can you use the gift cards on japanese amazon? Just wondering as it would broaden your options.

krevo
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by krevo » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:03 am

I would like to keep it USDM just for ease of warranty. Back to the original idea for the Legend Xtreme. Has anyone fished the 2pc version of those rods? I'm not afraid of buying a multiple rod especially for what I intend to use it for but I'm not really sure if it'll have the same strength and sensitivity they advertise if it's multi piece.

Team Bass
Angler
Angler

Post by Team Bass » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:07 am

Type in megabass spinning rods in the search bar. They have a few models of those