Check Your Equipment

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Check Your Equipment

Post by goldrod » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:13 pm

Most often we are good about checking our tackle but not everything else. Some things you just can plan for but with good walk around may help.
I was driving and it a pothole. Caliper bolt fell completely out. I wasn’t aware until the noise became deafening. Initially I thought it was someone else’s vehicle
The loud noise forced me to investigate. It almost grinded into the rim and punctured it.
I did not have any spare caliper bolts so I hung the caliper installed the wheel and slowly drove to an auto parts store. Meraculusly they had one package of two bolts left. Performed repairs in the parking lot. Hardest job ever. I had just worked out at the gym for a couple hours. My fingers locked up in the closed position
The caliper wouldn’t go on, hydraulic lock. What a night. So many challenges but Thank God I had the skills to overcome.
Blessed to not have been towing that boat
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible