Owner Zo-wire trebles

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
queylotrie
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Owner Zo-wire trebles

Post by queylotrie » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:50 am

Ping pong rubber, after taking care and prolonging life.

The good thing about most ping pong rubber in Chinese style is that their surfaces are very sticky, very good to create a spin. However, the disadvantages of this type are easy to get dirty, the different rubber layers tend to blister. This tutorial will also give you some effective cleaning methods for rubber, which will help extend the life and help you play better with ping pong table.

First of all, you need or keep the plastic protective film that comes with rubber, or you need to buy/make some. There are some special implementations for ping pong rubber, or you can use the panels as the users in the non-transparent details. Just make sure you don't use any chemicals that could be harmful to rubber and that the rubber surface is hard enough so that it doesn't tear when you pull it. You should cut it into your paddle-like shape, but a little bigger.

Second, you need a lint-free cloth or a sponge to clean the rubber with. There are some special sponges for ping pong, but others can be used as well. It needs to be soft & amp; moist enough so that it does not scrape the surface of the rubber. The kitchen often sinks the foam often too abrasive, which can damage the delicate surface of the rubber very easily.

So how do you use two things to look after rubber? Also when you finish playing, you need to rub all the dust off the surface of the rubber. Use sponge or cloth, wet with water, to clean the surface completely. Make sure the cloth or sponge you are using is wet enough to not scratch the rubber surface, but not too wet. Pure water is most suitable, but sometimes water or tap water can be used well. After cleaning, it is important to wait for it to dry completely. Then paste the protective plastic sheet. Push into any bubble on the paddle surface so the plastic comes in contact with the rubber everywhere (Very small bubbles will be hard to detect, but this doesn't matter). Read more about it here.

After you have applied for the plastic protection plate, put your bat away more appropriate inside a cover. Make sure it is kept on the sun or very hot areas like this can damage the rubber. The inside of a sack is much better, so there is more gas flow, which keeps it fresh and reduces its chance of drying out. Next time you play, you can just pull the plastic sheet, and you are ready to play.

The simple procedure not only protects the rubber and keeps it tacky, but for many rubbers, it will make it tackier over time.

Note that if you don't clean the paddle for a long time, you may need an appropriate rubber cleanser (like a special rubber foam cleaner sold in a special tin box for table tennis). For surface cleaning. There are many other cleaners out there that people use, but the long-term effect of these is often unknown or not documented, so safer than sorry. I believe it is safer to use a proper clean ping pong as we can be confident that these will not have adverse effects on rubber.
Check this and visit us on Scoop.it: https://www.scoop.it/t/how-to-clean-pin ... ables-2018

Joseph Shanley is a player and former coach, who runs several ping pong websites and is an advisor to the online table-tennis storage device one of the types of business. He also ran a website evaluation table.
Last edited by queylotrie on Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Owner Zo-wire trebles

Post by poisonokie » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:25 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me. I know the flipping and cover shot hooks are the real deal.
This is the way.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:12 pm

They are heavy. Good hooks, but heavy. I used them on some topwaters, but they felt heavy enough I never tried them on jerkbaits (all freshwater here). That doesn't necessarily sink a jerkbait though, just have to experiment. I never physically weighed them, but from what I remember they are stout and heavy, just a bit thicker though. Also I had some of the ZO-wire flipping hooks and they rusted bad. Might have been my fault, but I specifically remember how bad those rusted...

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:12 pm

I was just going to post a question about these hooks and saw this post. Seems not many have tried these hooks. I tried the STX-58 trebles when they first came out a few years ago, and really liked them on my saltwater jerkbaits. Very little corrosion/rust after extended use, never bent, and stayed sharp. The one issue I had was with the sizes. I ordered size 6, and they were the same size as the size 4 ST-36 hooks, diameter and all. Was wondering about sizing on the new versions, but I guess I’ll have to just order and see.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:21 pm

JBcrankaddict wrote:I was just going to post a question about these hooks and saw this post. Seems not many have tried these hooks. I tried the STX-58 trebles when they first came out a few years ago, and really liked them on my saltwater jerkbaits. Very little corrosion/rust after extended use, never bent, and stayed sharp. The one issue I had was with the sizes. I ordered size 6, and they were the same size as the size 4 ST-36 hooks, diameter and all. Was wondering about sizing on the new versions, but I guess I’ll have to just order and see.
I should have been further in explaining why my Zo-wire flipping hooks rusted. I left them in my "overflow" box full of baits from changing lures and things I carry for quick trips (lots of mixed salty plastics with hook and water), then I also really sharpened a few of them after burying the hooks into some snags. So I 100% attribute the hooks' rusting to my fault now.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:39 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
JBcrankaddict wrote:I was just going to post a question about these hooks and saw this post. Seems not many have tried these hooks. I tried the STX-58 trebles when they first came out a few years ago, and really liked them on my saltwater jerkbaits. Very little corrosion/rust after extended use, never bent, and stayed sharp. The one issue I had was with the sizes. I ordered size 6, and they were the same size as the size 4 ST-36 hooks, diameter and all. Was wondering about sizing on the new versions, but I guess I’ll have to just order and see.
I should have been further in explaining why my Zo-wire flipping hooks rusted. I left them in my "overflow" box full of baits from changing lures and things I carry for quick trips (lots of mixed salty plastics with hook and water), then I also really sharpened a few of them after burying the hooks into some snags. So I 100% attribute the hooks' rusting to my fault now.
I figured something like this must be the case. I used the same 4/0 Jungle hook all summer long on 20# fluoro in heavy cover and vegetation with a D-Bomb and an ounce of tungsten and after dozens of fish it's still like new.
This is the way.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:21 pm

I got few boxes and they are sharp and strong. Don't use them on jerkbairts Makes them sink fast.