What have you lost while fishing?

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

What have you lost while fishing?

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:42 pm

Today I was out fishing on my boat, was going around 30mph and this ******* flies right past me about 30yards and I get hit with some giant waves.
My wife was eating a small bag of Doritos and they went flying out, I seen them buzz past my head, I made a sharp turn through the wake to go retrieve the bag, it could not be found, we said
well lets just leave it and go back to fishing.....

About a hour passes and I went to grab my box (3700 size) of flat sided cranks, the box was gone, it flew out the boat, I spent the last 4 hours searching

Its gone, it was full of megabass, little johns, Duo Realis and a few other highend lures...so bummed.

I added it all up and it was about $300 bucks worth of lures
Last edited by BRONZEBACK32 on Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: What have you lost while fishing?

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:45 pm

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. :lol: :lol: :lol: But seriously, we hit a wake once back when I was around 12 yrs old and my dad lost ME out of the boat. We were going around 60 mph, so I skipped across the water like a stone.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:49 pm

I lost a TD-X 103HSD reel and TD-S Green rod in a lake in 2007. Still can't believe I lost it and have not boat fished that lake sine (have ice fished it). Last Sunday, my brother swatted at a wasp/yellow jacket as we ended our day fishing and his five week old iPhone 8 took a deep six.

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:03 pm

3 phones so far.....
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:59 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. :lol: :lol: :lol: But seriously, we hit a wake once back when I was around 12 yrs old and my dad lost ME out of the boat. We were going around 60 mph, so I skipped across the water like a stone.
So, I didn't grow up around boats, so maybe this is a dumb question, but why do boats not have seatbelts? Like, most everyone I know who did grow up around boats has a story like yours.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:08 pm

Houndfish wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. :lol: :lol: :lol: But seriously, we hit a wake once back when I was around 12 yrs old and my dad lost ME out of the boat. We were going around 60 mph, so I skipped across the water like a stone.
So, I didn't grow up around boats, so maybe this is a dumb question, but why do boats not have seatbelts? Like, most everyone I know who did grow up around boats has a story like yours.
If the boat capsizes with people strapped in, the occupants would likely drown. Life jackets are designed to keep heads above water, even if a person is unconscious.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

bronzebacks
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bronzebacks » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:25 pm

I lost a new chronarch e6 and tfo rod. I think i left it laying on the back deck before a rough ride across the potomac. Got to the next spot and she was gone. Sorry for your loss that stings for awhile especially if you had some of those hard to find baits

5bites
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 5bites » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:07 am

I lost a steez on a rod I had just completed in grand lake. What stinks is I didn’t notice until the next week when I started getting my gear together.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:49 am

hoohoorjoo wrote: If the boat capsizes with people strapped in, the occupants would likely drown. Life jackets are designed to keep heads above water, even if a person is unconscious.
That is obvious and I feel dumb for not thinking of it. Hitting a submerged log going 3mph in my kayak is all the excitement I can take, so I think powerboats might not be for me.

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:45 pm

:lol:
I've lost multiple hats, a whole spool of line while trolling, and a few expensive swimbaits.
Almost lost a box of jerkbaits, but the box got blown open and all of the 110s got tangled up in my fish net on deck. It was not fun untangling that mess.
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:03 am

Dignity, pride, arrogance... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

dhottle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dhottle » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:25 pm

I lost a St Croix legend extreme with a Shimano calais dc & braid at Stick Marsh/Farm 13 in FL three years ago. I had just finished a cast with gambler big EZ & weighed owner hook leaving the bait in the water at the back of the boat as I went up front to grab a pickerel for a buddy with a boga. Heard my rod scraping against the fiberglass boat deck and into the water before my diving grab could catch it. Saw a 5lb largemouth jump near the boat with my bait in her mouth but never got my combo back after repeated casts with crankbaits trying to snag it. :crying: :crying: :crying:

fishing_tx
Angler
Angler

Post by fishing_tx » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:37 pm

Ha! I kayak fish, mostly at night, so ya.

* I bought two 2500 sized Abu Revo Inshore spinning reels. I lost one on a vintage All-Star made in Houston, TX rod, and the other on a cheap Berkley rod.
* I left my entire crate of gear at the launch.
* I lost an aluminum ruler on the first trip out.
* I flipped and lost my mobile phone, wallet and keys
Transducers are great for finding fish; when torn off the transom, it's shallow enough.

Bronzeye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bronzeye » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:55 am

A transom mount Minn Kota 3HP motor worth, if I remember right, $400+. I had just installed a lock to prevent its theft; unfortunately, that required backing off one of the clamp knobs part of one turn to fit the lock bar slot. While fishing, I forgot the Minn Kota was down when I took off with the main motor, and I soon heard a clunk as it torqued loose, tore off the cables, and sank in deep water. I then bought a heavy-duty magnet and tried for hours to locate it to no avail.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:10 am

Back when i was 16 or 17, i forgot my whole bagpack (about $500 worth of lures) in a bus :crying:

Still traumatized to this day