What have you lost while fishing?

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: What have you lost while fishing?

Post by zodiak311 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:19 pm

Bronzeye wrote:Edward78, when I was about the same age, my folks bought me a green metal tackle box with cantilevered trays that opened to each side. I carefully lined the trays with sheet cork to keep lures from rusting or getting dulled by sliding around. I left it at the side of a trout stream at the edge of the city when my dad called time; I thought he'd brought it to the car, he thought I had. Realized it was missing when we got home, raced back, gone. No luck with lost & found at the police station. Money was tight, and every lure in that box had been dreamed of and worked for or waited for as a birthday or Christmas gift. Because my dad knew how much the loss meant to me, he didn't give me the hard time for my carelessness that some other father might have given his kid, and as years passed I came to regard that reaction of his as worth much more than the box and everything in it.
Great story, and an absolutely invaluable life lesson.
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

Derek777
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Derek777 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:36 pm

megabass mat bucker/gan craft mago
fenwick technics av/jdm crazy cranker
rapala digital scale
boga grips 30lb
numerous $100+ baits

all in the same lake

i did lose a tulala monstrou 75/pluton combo, but got it back thankfully through use of an aquaview camera and arig snag.

Markanthony404
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Markanthony404 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:23 pm

Back in the late 90's I lost a G-Loomis IMX paired with a cheap Shimano spinning reel.
I was carp fishing in the middle of winter and wasn’t paying attention when a fish pulled it in. I was 16 years old and that rod was my pride and joy. I remember how much it sucked having to use a cheap rod for the rest of the year. I’ve been hooked on high end gear ever since.

dkfreezy
Angler
Angler

Post by dkfreezy » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:31 pm

A couple of years ago, during my first year really bass fishing, I lost a whole setup ](*,). I was shore banging and had laid my second rod next to me and decided to whip cast a lipless crank. Due to my carelessness, the crank caught the second combo and sent the whole setup 30 yards into a deep dropoff.

The setup was cheap but still... :crying:

MountainMan 83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MountainMan 83 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:32 pm

Not too long after I first started using baitcasters, I got my first round reel, an Abu Record 50. Thought that thing was so cool. Threw it on a buccoo trapcaster and was rolling around in my canoe with a trolling motor. Scooting along and I hooked on to a little bass, brought him up and laid the combo across my lap while I unhooked him and showed my buddy who was sitting in the front. Didn't even think about it, but threw the lipless back in the water, with enough slack to get sucked into the prop and the combo flew off my lap into the water. Couldn't find it dragging, but my favorite cotton super spot was still attached to the line that was stuck in the trolling motor.

MardukFIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MardukFIN » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:35 pm

Family.

doomtrprz71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by doomtrprz71 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:29 pm

A zillion coastal on a st criox tidemaster rod was the most costly, but I lost my wedding band the first year of my marriage as well

pbird
Angler
Angler

Post by pbird » Wed May 01, 2019 7:35 am

822dsr NRX with CI4+ Stradic. Kicked in by co-angler while I was fighting a fish. :doh:

stykbowslim
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by stykbowslim » Wed May 01, 2019 6:12 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:45 pm
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. :lol: :lol: :lol: But seriously, we hit a wake once back when I was around 12 yrs old and my dad lost ME out of the boat. We were going around 60 mph, so I skipped across the water like a stone.
Wow... this could have been BAD... but since you're here posting it, it made me laugh !!

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Thu May 02, 2019 4:52 am

5bites wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:07 am
I lost a steez on a rod I had just completed in grand lake. What stinks is I didn’t notice until the next week when I started getting my gear together.
Dam! Gonna miss that rod! Just the rod.
Last edited by ShimanoFan on Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why is there a concerted effort of hate? And why is it allowed?

Tim Kelly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tim Kelly » Thu May 02, 2019 5:40 am

Just weighed a bass. Bass in one hand, scales in the other. Threw the scales in. Error. :oops:

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Thu May 02, 2019 7:36 am

Lost my Boga Grip that I had for 15+ years last season. My wife had a nice pair of Costa 580's fly out of the boat. They were less than a week old. I've also lost countless hats. My uncle put a bag of new tackle on the back deck without me noticing. They lures were scattered across the lake I assume. When we got to the next spot, he asked where they went. I said at 75 MPH, if its not tied down, it wont last long.

casterus
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by casterus » Wed May 29, 2019 8:05 pm

dorset darren wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 2:58 pm
Lots of money!
Like most of us :lol: :big grin:
Adam

scrapiron
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by scrapiron » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:55 pm

Prescription Maui Jim’s (ugh) and a cheap spinning setup.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:57 pm

5bites wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:07 am
I lost a steez on a rod I had just completed in grand lake. What stinks is I didn’t notice until the next week when I started getting my gear together.
THAT would've driven me mad. I wouldn't have slept for a week.
This is the way.