Anyone deal with Cross Outdoor Gear?

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
tripodangler
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Anyone deal with Cross Outdoor Gear?

Post by tripodangler » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:48 pm

I ordered a slick looking Daiwa jersey from this on-line company last month, with the conformation coming back quickly. Since then, nothing. I've emailed three times just looking for a tracking number since the site claims the order will be filled in 5 business days, then shipped taking up to 14 days. I have no trouble waiting once shipped, but I'm getting nothing back from them via email or through Facebook message. Anyone here have any dealings with them - good or bad? All I'm looking for is a reply, a tracking number would be great, but even a message that the jersey is back-ordered - something would be better than nothing.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Anyone deal with Cross Outdoor Gear?

Post by Aquaftm45 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:10 pm

Never trust a business that won't post any phone number on their website. I would be contacting your payment method firm and attempt to get your money back. There is nothing about this business that looks legit.
Looked through their website and looks like they are scamming pics from TT for thier product advertising. They also have really weird postings on Instagram that looks bot sourced.
TT.jpg
TT.jpg (5.85 KiB) Viewed 6161 times
If they are delivering product, they are buying it all off of Ali Express and marking it up 80%...

https://crossoutdoorgear.com/collection ... hing-shirt

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 18977.html

tripodangler
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by tripodangler » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:27 am

Just a quick update:
I opened a dispute with PayPal to get my money back, and even a request from PayPal for information has been ignored. Still no communication from this company in any form.
Should be an easy "win" for me if they don't reply. I see they now have an eBay store too hope no-one else gets burned.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:15 am

FYI, I went to the Cross Outdoor Gear website just to see what was what. No sooner leaving that then going to Facebook, I got a Cross ad on my timeline.
Cookies. Not just with milk anymore.

tripodangler
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by tripodangler » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:01 am

A final update - while I never heard from the company, I did finally receive my jersey in the mail. Not sure if it was the result of the dispute I opened or just poor customer service that caused a big delay in shipping, but either way I won't be dealing with them in the future.