Storage for plastics

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Storage for plastics

Post by goldrod » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:32 pm

If your like me your always looking to buy some plastics but you dont have any more room for them.
Or if your bank fishing and you want to take some plastics with you but dont have time to pack a backpack heres a great tip
Homedepot and Lowes have the zippered tool bags. Looks like a students pencil bag but far more durable. You can put some bags of plastics in it and if your on your boat just fill out a card and put in in the view slot to know what you have in there. If your bank fishing just use a clip and you can clip it to your belt lope and it won't hold you down. I am not sure if they are water proof but you can check
They just helped me with saving space and can be labeled so that you know whats in them.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

bpettus2
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Storage for plastics

Post by bpettus2 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:37 pm

Yeah there like bank envelopes good idea . I like something I can see clear so the money bags work well too

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:32 pm

I do that with ZipLock bags. I group my plastics by type so I can easily see and grab what I need.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

accodn2ryan
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by accodn2ryan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:57 pm

ccass wrote:I do that with ZipLock bags. I group my plastics by type so I can easily see and grab what I need.
I do this as well.

medicpelle
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by medicpelle » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:32 pm

Gallon freezer zip lock bags for me as well.

btoups
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by btoups » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:48 am

Good ideas. Thanks for sharing.

stykbowslim
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by stykbowslim » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:00 pm

accodn2ryan wrote:
ccass wrote:I do that with ZipLock bags. I group my plastics by type so I can easily see and grab what I need.
I do this as well.
Yup, me also

fishing_tx
Angler
Angler

Post by fishing_tx » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:41 am

Infuriatingly, all the plastics pouches I have seen for sale have easily rusted eyes and rings. I have taken to using an offshore style bag that has mesh/clear plastic sections. The one I have is like the Plano Z-Series Wrap. They're only $20, and they hold a ton of plastics in a way that's easy to deal with (especially if you are on a boat). They are too big for bank fishing or kayak fishing. On the yak, I really only carry what fits in an 8"x4" box. I can do a lot with a few paddle tails and jigheads.
Transducers are great for finding fish; when torn off the transom, it's shallow enough.

Reservoir
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Reservoir » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:25 pm

I use zip lock bags, but shimano use to make this folder of zip loc pouches that I use it throw all my soft plastics in there.