ICAST 2018 Rumors

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
tacklejunkie2
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: ICAST 2018 Rumors

Post by tacklejunkie2 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:06 am

I agree with most of the comments regarding ICAST. Pretty darn disappointing! A friend and I were talking the other day and we came to the conclusion that we personnally witnessed the best period (heyday) of great new fishing gear about 3 - 5 years ago. Back then I couldn't wait for ICAST and to watch all videos and read about the new products. Now it's like - really. Come on!

Just venting. I know it doesn't do any good. Anybody else feel the same way?

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:29 am

No sir. Still enjoying ICAST.

One rumor that can be laid to rest is that Shimano will continue to make JDM reels. I had heard a rumor Shimano was going to stop making JDM reels and just make universal worldwide reels, but not so according to Shimano executives. They said they wish it were that way, but it isn't.

They explained to me that Japanese fish differently than us Americans. And so the reels made for JDM are tweaked for how they fish I was told, and that reels coming to America are adjusted and tweaked for how we fish. This came into play big time with their new Curado DC reel. The 4 adjustments are designed just for us. That's what they said anyway at the Shimano booth today.
Why is there a concerted effort of hate? And why is it allowed?

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:44 pm

As over saturated as the bass fishing market is I am surprised it has maintained its level of growth it has over the years.

sarcazmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sarcazmo » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:09 pm

Did anyone get to handle the new SLX? If I'm not mistaken it's to replace the caenan/casitas? I very much happen to like my casitas MGL.

I'm interested in the new slx because its' reported to be small than the caenan/casitas and uses the old vbs brakes? Just wondering if it's similar in size to the old legendary 50e reels?

I have three blanks waiting to build up and I'll need reels to pair them with. Always like trying new things, taking a long look @ the SLX (noisy graphics aside) and Tatula 100. Wish they would have co-released the SV/Type R version as well...