ICAST 2018 Rumors

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: ICAST 2018 Rumors

Post by LowRange » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:42 pm

E73Bass wrote:
LowRange wrote:
MediumHeavy wrote:copycat site on youtube claims a new Tatula 100 that is smaller, weighs 6.9oz, has zero adjuster, and different knobs.
I believe it. I heard some time ago that the Tatula CT would be replaced. I also heard that from another source that there would be something new coming out this year with a spider on it. The spider symbol is commonly used on Tatula reels. The Tatula CT is still a goofy shaped and poorly palming reel so a redesign would be welcome.
They already introduced the spider reel... it’s the tatula 150

See: http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Daiwa_Ta ... -DTT5.html
Watch the copycat site vid. The new Tatula 100 will also make use of the spider Tatula logo. For those interested the vid also has more pics of the Daiwa CG80 and it appears to be all but confirmed to be Korean OEM reel branded as a Daiwa. It has a mag dial and button magnets like you find on the linear mag brake OEM reels.

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:55 pm

LowRange wrote:
E73Bass wrote:
LowRange wrote:
MediumHeavy wrote:copycat site on youtube claims a new Tatula 100 that is smaller, weighs 6.9oz, has zero adjuster, and different knobs.
I believe it. I heard some time ago that the Tatula CT would be replaced. I also heard that from another source that there would be something new coming out this year with a spider on it. The spider symbol is commonly used on Tatula reels. The Tatula CT is still a goofy shaped and poorly palming reel so a redesign would be welcome.

Watch the copycat site vid. The new Tatula 100 will also make use of the spider Tatula logo. For those interested the vid also has more pics of the Daiwa CG80 and it appears to be all but confirmed to be Korean OEM reel branded as a Daiwa. It has a mag dial and button magnets like you find on the linear mag brake OEM reels.
Other than the new Steez, it almost seems like Daiwa has stopped trying. I like the Tatula CTs and especially Zillion SV TWs and find them comfortable to fish with, but you can only re-release the same reel so many times...

The new Tat 100 looks like the OG Tatula (renamed the Tat 100) with a slightly changed frame. I don't see how it will be smaller than the CT.

DaveJ

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:47 pm

IlliniDawg01 wrote:
LowRange wrote:
E73Bass wrote:
LowRange wrote:

Other than the new Steez, it almost seems like Daiwa has stopped trying. I like the Tatula CTs and especially Zillion SV TWs and find them comfortable to fish with, but you can only re-release the same reel so many times...

The new Tat 100 looks like the OG Tatula (renamed the Tat 100) with a slightly changed frame. I don't see how it will be smaller than the CT.

DaveJ
It dosen't need to be smaller but at 6.9oz it might be. It really just needs to be better shaped to palm better and to move the brake dial to a recessed location.

pharmboy2010
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by pharmboy2010 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:02 pm

joekaz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by joekaz » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:56 pm

There is a vid on Daiwa's Facebook page with Ish Monroe showing the new Tatula 100. It does not have the recessed mag dial like the Steez. :crying:

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:07 pm

https://m.facebook.com/DaiwaUSA/

The new Tatula 100 is shown in a video on the Daiwa Facebook page. The reel strongly resembles a Steez TWS in appearance. It looks like it has the T3 style side plate but the mag dial remains in the standard location.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:58 am

the innovation....

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:18 am

cndbasshunter wrote:the innovation....
Haters gonna hate :lol:

JK

I love the CT frame, but wish they would offer something "different". Im hoping this feels like a Sol/Alphas in hand [-o<

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:50 am

It does look like the Steez frame. It even has that cutout on the non handle sideplate where the recessed brake dial would go if it were an actual Steez. Interesting :-k

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:40 pm

Looks like the mag dial still sticks out and would rub on your finger if you wrap your index around the face plate of the reel. The reel does look to be much more compact and better contoured. As long as you don't wrap ypur fringer around the front of the reel when palming then it looks like it should palm really well. If they can just update that side plate a little later on with a recessed mag dial then they would have a real winner on their hands. I wonder if the spool is any lighter than the CT reels or if it uses the same spool.

Edit: it appears as if the cut out on the non handle side plate gives greater access to the top of the mag dial. Sort of how on non TWS reels the mag dial was recessed or sunken into the palming plate and only the top portion of the dial was accessible. On the older non TWS reels the mag dial had a beveled edge to ensure it didn't rub on your hand when palming. The new tat does not appear to have this style of dial even though it looks like it could make use of one unlike previous Tatula reels where the dual protruded from the palming plate uniformly and had a rough knurled edge. This is all speculation from a blurry video but I think if the mag dial is backwards compatible with older reels then the beveled dial from an Alphas or TD Zillion may be a simple upgrade to the reel.
Last edited by LowRange on Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LAGVPI99
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by LAGVPI99 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:51 pm

The reel seat on the Elite rods and Cronos rods are extremely comfortable. I hope they keep them on the cork models coming - I will be trying them out.

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Real Pudd legend » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:24 pm

When will this be released and are there any specs like weight available yet?

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:09 pm

Weight I read is 6.9oz. on another site.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:18 pm

"Daiwa" CG80 update. Pic of non handle sidelate. This reel is most likely not a real Daiwa and is some Korean OEM thing. I was hoping it was an April fool's joke.

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Real Pudd legend » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:45 pm

I’m pretty excited , I’ve only had korean food now I can have a korean reel . Fish on!!