Unpopular Tackle that Works

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Unpopular Tackle that Works

Post by DirtyD64 » Mon May 07, 2018 10:50 am

Just wondering, what are some products (ANYTHING) anglers on here use that don't get much love or just simply that don't get used heavily. One of my favorites that I have NEVER seen anywhere else is HiSeas Quattro fluorocarbon. It is pink, purple, grey, and clear in an alternating pattern, a little thick, but extremely strong, long lasting, long casting, and overall amazing. Just enough color to watch your line, but not enough to spook fish.

I also really like Lethal Weapon's swim jigs, not many seem to mention them ever either. OMTD hooks come to mind also, never seen anyone else mention or use them, and I love them. They make a football head with a wide gap hook that is absolutely perfect for Keitech 4.3" and 4.8" swimbaits...

ss30378
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Unpopular Tackle that Works

Post by ss30378 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:13 pm

K&E bass stopper. Used em since i was a kid, i now let my 5 year old use them and i have a hard time keeping up with her some days...

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:27 pm

ss30378 wrote:K&E bass stopper. Used em since i was a kid, i now let my 5 year old use them and i have a hard time keeping up with her some days...
I used to spilt shot rig those with a swivel and fish them over weed beds on warm summer nights. They come folded up in the package and when pulled through the water would straighten out a bit and spiral and then fold back up on the pause. I find myself doing a low more finesse fishing with weightless worms so a I might have to buy a pack again and give it a go.

ss30378
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ss30378 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:46 pm

LowRange wrote:
ss30378 wrote:K&E bass stopper. Used em since i was a kid, i now let my 5 year old use them and i have a hard time keeping up with her some days...
I used to spilt shot rig those with a swivel and fish them over weed beds on warm summer nights. They come folded up in the package and when pulled through the water would straighten out a bit and spiral and then fold back up on the pause. I find myself doing a low more finesse fishing with weightless worms so a I might have to buy a pack again and give it a go.
Id always just reel them nice and slow so they would slowly spiral along and whatever it is about them id always get bit no matter the time of year. The back hook would get the gills that would nip at it and the other 2 would snag the bigger fish. Pike, bass, walleye, pearch, gills, crappie would all hit it. It was fun because i really never knew what was about to come up out of the water.

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by slipperybob » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:50 am

bobber fishing... :big grin:

slip bobber
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish

Markanthony404
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Markanthony404 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:54 pm

Those old Roland Martin helicopter lures. They were panned by most anglers but I have had good luck with them. The line twist would be my only gripe.