Moving to Texas

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Moving to Texas

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:24 pm

Me and the wife are looking into moving from Utah to Texas next year, I have never been to Texas so any special locations/areas that are close to local lakes?

Right now here in Utah I have 3-4 lakes that are within a 20 minutes to 1 hour drive away, I would like the same if possible.

My wife would need to relocate here job in either Austin or Dallas.

Thanks for any info.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Moving to Texas

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:58 pm

Oh man, you're gonna have trouble narrowing that choice down! There's 10 lakes of varying sizes within 2 hrs of Dallas/Ft. Worth that have huge bass. Same thing if you're in Austin, though only 5 or 6 lakes. Not to mention all the cattle ponds that have loads of big, dumb bass in either area. Good luck with that choice! :lol:
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Texas-Rigged
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Texas-Rigged » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:06 am

X100-When you get done fooling with those little "Green" fish, you could head to the Gulf coast to fish Inshore/Offshore, its addictive!

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:45 pm

i lived in and around Dallas for 20 years but there is just something special about the Hill Country around Austin. I'd pick Austin if you can afford it.
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

TK_duluthbass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by TK_duluthbass » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:44 pm

I would pick Dallas because you’re close to a lot of really good lakes like Ray Roberts, Texoma, and Lake Fork. I lived in Denton and Denison growing up and so I visited both cities a lot. I haven’t been to either in a long time, but my impression is that Dallas would be a way better place to live in and fish around than Austin.

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:09 pm

Can't speak about proximity to lakes, but I recently went to Austin for the first time. I feel in love hard with that city, I would move there in a heartbeat!
That city is the sh*t, I can see why it just got ranked the number one city in America to live in.

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:43 pm

spookybaits wrote:I can see why it just got ranked the number one city in America to live in.
Obviously the folks doing the ranking never spent a few hours in Austin traffic. ;)
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker