Lake erie guides?

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
antoniolopez944
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Lake erie guides?

Post by antoniolopez944 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:16 pm

Hi guys, I am currently looking for a small mouth guide for lake erie. I am based out of maryland so I am looking for a guide preferably out of PA or NY. I will be fishing with 2 other people so a total of 3. Im currently trying to break my small mouth pb of roughly 2.5 lbs out of the upper potomac. Im looking for a date around may 15. Any recommendations, thanks

daiwafan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Lake erie guides?

Post by daiwafan » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:44 pm

Go to Presque Isle Bay in Erie, Pa and throw a line in almost anywhere. I'm really not kidding or being a smart butt. In mid May you can catch an unreal amount of fish in the 3 to 5 pound class. I had two great trips in May last year and can't wait for the calendar to roll around another month. First trip water was low 50s and we caught fish on jerkbaits, tubes and spinners. Second trip two weeks later water was upper 50s to low 60s and neko rigged Daiwa fat 5 was the deal fishing bedding bass.

Sorry that I can't help with guide recommendation but honestly feel you don't need one for Presque Isle.

The bay is ringed by a shallow flat that has large expanses of submerged grass. The perch fry hide in the grass and the smallies eat them alive prior to spawning in the areas that are hard bottom.

dhottle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dhottle » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:14 am

Try frankdi tackle tour member & guide extraordinaire.

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78162

Joebass1977
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Joebass1977 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:37 pm

Jim Fonzi Buffalo/Dunkirk/Barcelona