How long for my new xXx to come in?

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
Kroberts9
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

How long for my new xXx to come in?

Post by Kroberts9 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:47 pm

What's up guys new to the site. My question is I ordered a megabass orochi xxx f3-610ks jadepython from tackle trap (which I have to say will be taken a lot of money when the bait monkey calls me lol.)
Back on topic the rod was ordered on the 19th and I was wondering what is the normal turn around time on the rod reaching my door step after order is made?

Adding a second part of this question. This will be my first megabass rod and it is replacing my 7'2Phenix M1 light action as a primary drop shot rig. Can someone give me an idea or compare the 2?

Thanks in advance
Ken

SmallSmallie
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: How long for my new xXx to come in?

Post by SmallSmallie » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:13 am

Have you contacted the shop, tackle trap in first place? Didn't they give you a tracking number?

Kroberts9
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Kroberts9 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:20 am

Not yet they said once it gets to them they will supply the tracking number to me. I may be too impatient lol

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:05 am

Kroberts9 wrote:Not yet they said once it gets to them they will supply the tracking number to me. I may be too impatient lol
If the shop doesn't have them in stock, then it's a little unreasonable for anyone to speculate on how long it will take for the rod to arrive at your doorstep. It's also best to ask for updates and estimated time tables direct with the vendor in question. The Tackle Trap is very prompt in responding to such inquiries.
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Kroberts9
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Kroberts9 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:39 pm

Thanks guys I just didn't want to be a pest to them and asking if anyone had experience on ordering a rod gives me an idea on timetable before I do contact the shop.

For you to say unreasonable maybe you misunderstood my question and it offended you. I was not looking for a cut and dry deadline just personal experience so I can judge how my process is going so I can determine the correct time to contact the vendor in this case tackle trap. They are busy and to deal with such trivial things that may be normal they can focus on daily business with out people bothering them constantly. Again I am sorry if my question offended it was not my intention I use forums mainly to find out other personal experience to add to my research to make the most informed judgements.

Rfdong
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Rfdong » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:23 am

I've had this situation a couple of times. Usually if you contact them they'll tell you it's not in stock but give an estimate on delivery to them. I've found most of the time they beat their estimate which makes great business sense. But they've always come through.

Kroberts9
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Kroberts9 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:06 am

Thanks that's what I wanted to hear I really want this puppy before my first tournament this year. Up here in the north country in 42degree water for smallies I want the best drop shot rod I can have for a tiny leg up on the other guys

Salty Parrot
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Salty Parrot » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:06 am

I am having the same situation except mine is being warrantied by megabass, they said they had it in stock in Japan and told me it should be here by mid april, they also told me tracking number would be provided. Still waiting.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:12 pm

Trust me, once The Tackle Trap gets the rod, it will be at your door no more than 4 days. Them guys are super quick about shipping. Rods are packed well too.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:19 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this situation has been resolved and you have a new US Destroyer Addermine now in your line up?

The Tackle Trap tries to keep many the XXX models in stock, but they've been pretty popular. We order them on a regular basis for our customers from Japan. The process takes time however. I remember the days of just HOPING to be able to get practically "any" Megabass rod from Japan many years back, oh the times they have changed :lol: We are honored and excited to offer this service, but the instant gratification crowd might not be able to stomach that part of the process 8-)
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Kroberts9
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Kroberts9 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:56 am

Update.

After emailing with gary at tackletrap and he is outstanding, he knew my tournament trail starts in the end of april and with me being worried he and I came to an agreement that was fantastic. For a couple bucks more he found a destroyer addermine demo and shipped it right out. I have no more wait time I'm planned and prepped for my season. In fact I was so blown away I bought another rod from them same day.

Thanks gary you have a customer for life in me
Ken

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:34 am

Kroberts9 wrote:Update.

After emailing with gary at tackletrap and he is outstanding, he knew my tournament trail starts in the end of april and with me being worried he and I came to an agreement that was fantastic. For a couple bucks more he found a destroyer addermine demo and shipped it right out. I have no more wait time I'm planned and prepped for my season. In fact I was so blown away I bought another rod from them same day.

Thanks gary you have a customer for life in me
Ken
Glad everything worked out for you.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

Salty Parrot
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Salty Parrot » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:28 pm

I am still waiting for my replacement rod from Megabass, they said the rod is at their location but I guess they still have not sent it out to me yet. They told me they would send it to me wednesday or thursday, it is now saturday with no rod or no tracking number.