candlewood lake ct

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
antoniolopez944
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

candlewood lake ct

Post by antoniolopez944 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:25 pm

Hi guys, im looking to get into some lake smallie action as I usually fish the Potomac river. Im in maryland so its about a 4.5 hour drive. Is it worth the drive and any tips on fishing for lake smallies will be welcomed lol. I usually fish for smallies in rivers so Im clueless about fishing for them in a lake. Is candle wood worth the drive and any tips for fishing candle wood would be cool. DMs welcomed. I have heard of big smallie bags and quality fish. I have been told to fish the islands and go mid to late april. Thats all the info I have. Thanks for the help guys.

cumara
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: candlewood lake ct

Post by cumara » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:22 am

I don't have much experience or knowledge of the place, but I highly recommend giving it a try based on a trip I took there one August...water temps were 80° and boat traffic & fishing pressure was heavy...still caught a bunch, with some of the large and smallmouths in the 4–5lb range on various techniques and all over the lake. Have to think it could be even better in April.