Gama nano finnese treble hooks

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
antoniolopez944
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Gama nano finnese treble hooks

Post by antoniolopez944 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:03 pm

I bought the size 6 trebles to replace the hooks on my onetens and onetens juniors. All I can say is these are the real deal sharpest trebles I have ever felt and super thin diameter. I tried to see if there was any bend in them and not at all sharp,powerful and thin. All I can say is I’m excited to try these on all my jerkbaits, if a fish hits it’s gonna get pinned. I’ll post an update once I get some real water time with them.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Gama nano finnese treble hooks

Post by LowRange » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:25 pm

Thanks. Keep us posted. I'm curious to how they affect the suspending action and how bend resistant they are with use.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:14 pm

i use the size 5 for 110s and they suspend find and i do not notice any action change. I haven't bent them but broke a few with pliers.

antoniolopez944
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by antoniolopez944 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:31 pm

I ended up buying some more and putting the size 5 on the onetens as they look identical in demensions to the stock hooks except the diameter they are thinner but feel stronger. I ended going with the size 6 on the oneten juniors. The gama size 6 are a little bigger than the stock hook but not by much. I’m going to be fishing tournaments on the occuquian reservoir this year and I’m not taking any chances with the hooks lol. I’ll be on the occcuqiian on Saturday, I’ll let you guys know how they preform. I have a feeling though if anything hits it’s coming to the boat.

antoniolopez944
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by antoniolopez944 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:35 pm

I got out today and fished for about 6 hours. All I can say is these nano finnese are legit, I had a 4.74lb hit my 110 and he was pinned. Hooks easily penetrated the hardest parts of the fishes mouth. As for the suspending part with owner hyper wire and gama nano finnese hooks(size 5) my vision 110s(straight from Japan) slowly sank. It wouldn’t suspend but the fish didn’t seem to mind.

hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hungry_cow » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:07 pm

I use these on all my Vision 110s and some of my other crankbaits as well. Super sharp, thin wired, and still strong. Love them for a jerkbait as often the hookset is just the jerking of the bait and thats all it takes to hook up with these. I also don't lose many fish with them. Of not is they are smaller than normal for their size. The size 2 are only slightly bigger than a normal size 4 and the size 4 are the same size as the standard Gamakatsu size 5. The only reason I don't use them for everything is how much more expensive they are than the standard Gamakatsu round bend treble. They are excellent though for those baits where you need an in-between hook size.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:49 am

Did anyone, by chance, use the nano trebles this year under the ice? I'm curious about using them under a tip-up.

antoniolopez944
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by antoniolopez944 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:44 pm

Well the size 6 nanos started to rust on my 110 junior after 1 day of fishing I recently started using owner treble hook protectors to protect the paint job. I don’t know if the hook protectors caused it but the started to rust in the center part where the hooks meet. Tackle box is a plano, already invested like 70 bucks in these hooks so hopefully it was a one time thing.

antoniolopez944
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by antoniolopez944 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:27 pm

Here’s what I found out so far. I was able to land a 6lb with the nanos no bend. With size 6 nanos the vision 110 floats up as they would with the stock hooks. Size 5 the vision 110 slow sinks. Junior 110 with size 6 sinks. None of these nano gamas truly make the 110 suspend.