Even when I lose, I WIN

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Even when I lose, I WIN

Post by goldrod » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:36 pm

Went fishing today ( #daiwa steez/megabass day)
My buddy had maybe four rods on deck to my fourteen
I use the passenger rod storage just because. Anyways buddy
was throwing a weightless worm and soaking it. I was all about
that idea until the soaking made me implode
at the end of the day i looked at erfvbh
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Even when I lose, I WIN

Post by goldrod » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:56 pm

Sorry Guys I was dosing off..lol
But you get the jest of it. This guy would throw out a worm and just let it be.. Out of nowhere 3 and 4lb bass would just kill it..
I chose to do something different and I caught fish.. a bass on a toad with the D7 and New curado rod.. Nice setup.esp with the 34mm magnesium spool in the D7. But I was using my 30th Gambler special for pitches and caught a mud fish that totally destroyed a tokar hook.. and that was my day after six hours on the water.. I feel like I won because, I just had a good time alone doing what I love..
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Bronzeye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bronzeye » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:09 pm

....ummm...so you went fishing with your buddy, you imploded, you dosed off, you concluded that you'd "had a good time alone." :-k

Maybe fewer "doses" before posting?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:50 pm

Bronzeye wrote:....ummm...so you went fishing with your buddy, you imploded, you dosed off, you concluded that you'd "had a good time alone." :-k

Maybe fewer "doses" before posting?
your absolutely correct man.. I was so tired, I was typing but nothing came out right.. I woke up on the keys and hit send.
I will do better. my apologies. Apparently I did the same thing on some school work but the professor was not so understanding.

Bronzeye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bronzeye » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:19 pm

Hope you have a chance to catch up on sleep! :D

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:30 pm

One take away I did have was, I have too many rods on deck..
Far too many options and far too many trip hazards. Simplify, Simplify, Simplify is something I didn't do this time. Most
tournaments I will do just that.. For example my MB SFMS rod can topwater, square bill or shallow crank , SB , jerk bait and chatter bait.. But i have four other cranking rods. So I dont bring them on tournaments but the tournaments I have won and even the successful days that i've had on the water came from having not more than 6 rods on deck.

I dont know many people who can do what he did in that he can cast out a weightless plastic worm and just soak it

bumpererx
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bumpererx » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:07 am

Totally sounds like my dad. He’s the most patient guy I know. He’s able to soak a worm nice and sloooooow. Always gets em too haha

new2BC4bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by new2BC4bass » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:31 pm

My brother-in-law that I fish with in Florida has no problem soaking a worm. I'm not so good at it. One reason why I hardly ever fish a jig. Patience is a virtue...I have no virtue. :lol: