KVD to Minn Kota

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

KVD to Minn Kota

Post by toddmc » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:50 pm

Yellafella
Angler
Angler

Re: KVD to Minn Kota

Post by Yellafella » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:17 am

I'm sure it would be a cheap deal too! Let's face it minn Kota is all over motorguide.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:47 am

Yellafella wrote:I'm sure it would be a cheap deal too! Let's face it minn Kota is all over motorguide.
I would love to know the cost of that deal.
I still prefer the metal pedal of the MG Tour 109. I know them well enough to do most of my own repairs. The X5 has had way too many problems for me to switch.
I am hearing that people that are running the Ultrex are breaking a lot of cables because the foot pedals are very sensitive, but spot lock is too valuable of a feature to not have when money is on the line. I am easy on cables, so I should be okay with the Ultrex.
Motor Guide will have an answer. Let's hope it is more reliable than the X5. They probably will not last much longer if it isn't.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:35 am

EPIC Move !

I have an old MG and i got it because the boater was working on his minn kota
more than he was fishing. can motor guide preserve? looks like they need a better
R&D department. I am sure Kevin made out pretty lucratively with his deal but that
doesn’t mean MG is dead just that they paid Kevin less than minn kota.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible