Rod and reel storage in between trips

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
cbburke74
Angler
Angler

Re: Rod and reel storage in between trips

Post by cbburke74 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:28 pm

Between the trip, I put them in the rod rack

Transport - I use the MULE !

Cal Coast Fishing Rod Mule Rod Carrying System !

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:16 pm

What make and model tool box is that? I am going to steal that idea, but of the 4-5 boxes I checked at work, about half of them were just slightly too shallow to comfortably get a reel into, so now I don't want to mail order one blind.

I think I could maybe fill half a drawer with reels, but it will give me room to grow and my actual tools are a hot mess atm, so I could use one in general.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:50 am

Houndfish wrote:
What make and model tool box is that?
The name brand is Maxim ... i don't recall the model. I also have a smaller one that sits on top of my work bench by Craftsman. That was my original. Low profile casting reels fit in the shallow drawer of all of them, but it's best to hit up a hardware store with a reel or two in hand to test the chests out.
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:16 am

Cal wrote:
Houndfish wrote:
What make and model tool box is that?
The name brand is Maxim ... i don't recall the model. I also have a smaller one that sits on top of my work bench by Craftsman. That was my original. Low profile casting reels fit in the shallow drawer of all of them, but it's best to hit up a hardware store with a reel or two in hand to test the chests out.
Cool, thanks for the info!

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:07 am

Fun with PVC 8-) The beauty of PVC is it can be made in infinite configurations. This was an earlier prototype from some years back. Not much on looks but does what I need it to do which is securely hold combos between trips and during the winter down time.