Braid Scissors Question

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Braid Scissors Question

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:59 am

Cuda 3" titanium bonded scissors are the best I have used.

Fishinfanatic115
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Fishinfanatic115 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:14 am

Buck Splizzors.

eyra_kid
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by eyra_kid » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:00 pm

Picked up this tip from Bass Boat Central. The kids Fiskars scissors at Wally World are only about $2 and work really well. I do have a pair of Boomerangs also, and they work really well also. For trimming ends of a leader knot, they can get as closer than any scissors I've tried.

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:31 pm

I've learned the hard way that whatever cutters/scissors you decide on, keep them dedicated to a line type. Mono and fluoro will dull cutters enough that they will fray braid. Most of your better cutters have tiny serrations on the cutting edge that mono will dull over time.

BlaineFred
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BlaineFred » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:28 pm

eyra_kid wrote:Picked up this tip from Bass Boat Central. The kids Fiskars scissors at Wally World are only about $2 and work really well. I do have a pair of Boomerangs also, and they work really well also. For trimming ends of a leader knot, they can get as closer than any scissors I've tried.
I posted earlier about kids schoolboy scissors being useful to cut braid.

On the Boomerang tool, it is very convenient, and I have it on a lanyard around my neck.

But I found that the Boomerang gets dull after a year or so of use, must be replaced.

FYI.... I bought a Boomerang with an internal light that turned on/off with a small switch that slides on and off. BUT I found that the switch would frequently slip into the "on" position without my being aware of it. The result was a dead battery after a few outings.