Steez Question

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Steez Question

Post by goldrod » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:41 am

I feel like I am chasing my tail and going around in circles so I need a sanity check.

I have the Steez limited but I love the Honeycomb MB spool in it, problem with that is I need a rod. Since I start with my intended purpose for the setup and go from there I can only say Light trigs or wacky rigs..Given the spool i am looking at 10 floro max.
I had the reel on a different rod but I would like to employ the MB honeycomb spool or else i will have no option but to sell it.
So what rod do you suggest.. I have one in mind but I am just not sure..

I have an IS73 who has no job.. none if i moved the Limited I could easily use this reel for that rod job
but here is a wrench to throw in it all.. i have a PXTR that is just as unemployed that could move over there. I probably doesn't make since to you guys to make the Limited do a job that the PXTR could do but IMHO, if its limited than it should have a rare spool
since i don't have the G1 spool.. I wanted to make it different from others

I am looking at a STEEZ EX reel which i have read the review on TT.com It says it has a larger frame..so I was looking to get it to make it out of something.. the more reels i buy means need to get a rod to pair with it.. Im not sure other than collecting what this reel can offer over any of my other steezest reels.. yeah steezest.. i have found myself with this platform around the house lately.. I have to date.. 100h , 1003sha, IS79 , IS73, and limited.. ( i just like the paint on the limited.. reminds me of T2 )
Most of my reels have 1016, SV or R+ spools so i just need a dedicated honeycomb spool reel but Please chime in.. I am looking for a project but realistically i don't need one.. i have to tinker which helps me in the long run..

Any rods or mods that you suggest i am all ears.. i saw a rod MB for jb that was interesting but seems like it has sold..
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Steez Question

Post by BigG » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:07 am

Put the honeycomb on any of your steezs or get an airy red spool for your PXTR and buy a new rod, or just go ahead a buy the EX and 2 or 3 new rods. :D

Dexter
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Dexter » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:40 am

Goldenrod, like we say on the farm,"I smell what you're steppin' in". I have several is 73's but my favorite (thank you Max) has the mb honeycomb spooled with defier.(Never understood why a cat puts out that kind of coin for a flagship reel, then sends it off to get super tuned, bearings and drag upgraded (thank you Dr. Shields); add a new, technique specific spool and the a longer handle for comfort...but I guess it's the TT way..ha) I wanted something that I could toss pop max and other top waters/jerks in tight places....almost like a sniper. The rod recommended was a poison jackall 166m. Light as a feather, great balance and backbone to keep the fish pinned. In my hands, it's a perfect match. I'd like to pick up a nrx 852 and try it on that reel. I also have multiple steez models and after playing around with spool changes etc, the 73 and honeycomb belong together. Good luck.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:21 pm

Dexter wrote:Goldenrod, like we say on the farm,"I smell what you're steppin' in". I have several is 73's but my favorite (thank you Max) has the mb honeycomb spooled with defier.(Never understood why a cat puts out that kind of coin for a flagship reel, then sends it off to get super tuned, bearings and drag upgraded (thank you Dr. Shields); add a new, technique specific spool and the a longer handle for comfort...but I guess it's the TT way..ha) I wanted something that I could toss pop max and other top waters/jerks in tight places....almost like a sniper. The rod recommended was a poison jackall 166m. Light as a feather, great balance and backbone to keep the fish pinned. In my hands, it's a perfect match. I'd like to pick up a nrx 852 and try it on that reel. I also have multiple steez models and after playing around with spool changes etc, the 73 and honeycomb belong together. Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback.. and not thinking i was loosing my mind. I have multiple reels that are the same externally but different spools , bearings etc.. They sorta take on their own personality to me.. thats the beautiful of it all..yes the external cosmetic beautifications are great but the performance is where its at..you have given me an expensive proposition .. but thats the tackle tour way.. The only think that sucks is a MBHC spool in a limited the line pick up is very fast.. but it may be the beez knees on a 702 type rod..
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible