Broken hook on treble

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
Rodster14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Broken hook on treble

Post by Rodster14 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:08 am

I have a question. I broke one of the three trebles on the rear on my Megabass Pop x today. I have others, but although this one one is a little beat up, but it has caught so many fish, I just keep throwing this one. The hooks are very small and hard to replace. Would you just keep using it as is or order a new feathered treble from Megabass and somehow get it on there?
Last edited by Rodster14 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Broken hook on treble

Post by poisonokie » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:15 am

Well, you should probably invest in some split ring pliers, anyway, and I don't see why you can't go with an owner st-36 tournament trailer feathered treble.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Texas_Ta ... TTSRP.html

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Owner_To ... OTTFT.html
This is the way.

johns
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by johns » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:22 pm

If your still catching fish I would leave it be. For some reason it seems like the bottom hook on the treble always break off. I have 2 buzzjets, a roumba ,a baby minus one, and 2 kvd 2.5s with the bottom hook broke off. You would be amazed how they go thru heavy weeds. I'm almost tempted to cut that bottom hook off some other of my baits. On the other hand the reason they broke off is because they caught so many fish on that hook. Your choice, you either put the lure where you have the best chance of catching a fish or mabe lessen the chance of hooking them. I'd rather put the lure where the fish are. I don't see to many missed hits.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:52 pm

Find a new feathered hook, plenty of good one at TTT or Tackle Warehouse

Mike and Pike
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mike and Pike » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:29 pm

johns wrote:... For some reason it seems like the bottom hook on the treble always break off...
That's the one that should see the most hit/hook up ratio.

Split rings if you have tons of hookups on the rear treble, take if off it it bugs ya. My vote for topwater is replace the hook.

Giqqo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Giqqo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:34 am

Most of the time on the smaller MB baits i always replace the hooks with owner trebles. I think their hooks are stick sharp but can bend out easily on a bigger fish. Just gives me a more sound mind and more confidence when fishing