PhotoBucket has ruined TT

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

PhotoBucket has ruined TT

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:55 pm

That's it for me. With photo bucket now wanting money to share photos there will be no more pictures from me on Tackle Tour
It is too much mucking about to resize pictures to load directly and when done they look like crap.
Unless TT can set up the site to upload pictures without stupid restrictions on size . Good bye TackleTour.
Rant Over.

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: PhotoBucket has ruined TT

Post by godshippy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:49 pm

Why not just use Imgur?

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:12 am

godshippy wrote:Why not just use Imgur?
Never heard of that one.

y2k88
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by y2k88 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:08 am

Can use photoresize to batch resize photos.
http://www.rw-designer.com/picture-resize

All you have to do is rename the exe you download, and you can have it resize photos exactly the way you want.
Examples given on the website.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:18 am

Gotta agree with Barra.

Uploading should be easier on a site run by guys with a great tech knowledge. (My own opinion)

cortman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cortman » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:50 am

I would love to see the forum software upgraded from 1990's to modern day, with ipboard or something. That would also help the pictures problem.

fati
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fati » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:21 am

Dude, dont cry, there is Tons of image hosting websites..

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:50 am

The issue isn't the technology.. the issue is server space. Same issue many of the photo storage sites are facing I'm sure and why they are now charging for the service. The TT discussion forum is free and it's not that difficult to find somewhere to host your photos so you can share them. You can even share from Facebook and Instagram.

Facebook:

Instagram (although this method is a lot trickier):
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

spencerinstl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spencerinstl » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:36 am

https://imgur.com/
Its just as easy to use as photobucket was.
Thanks for the epiphany captain obvious

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:39 pm

Photobucket hasn't ruined TT. That doesn't even make sense. Maybe for you personally, but as others have stated, there are loads of other apps you can use that remain free. I've never used any of them. I used to get very frustrated with loading pics here until I got it dialed in. I use windows paint and resize the pictures to 15% . Works every time. Unfortunately it's the largest TT will allow. Not as large and clean as using other apps, but still visible and gets the job done when needed. I still don't understand why TT can't change this. The other 2 fishing forums I rarely browse allows large pics and its an absolute breeze to download. Unfortunately those forums aren't TT and suck in comparison.

aussiebasser
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by aussiebasser » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:45 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:Photobucket hasn't ruined TT. That doesn't even make sense. Maybe for you personally, but as others have stated, there are loads of other apps you can use that remain free. I've never used any of them. I used to get very frustrated with loading pics here until I got it dialed in. I use windows paint and resize the pictures to 15% . Works every time. Unfortunately it's the largest TT will allow. Not as large and clean as using other apps, but still visible and gets the job done when needed. I still don't understand why TT can't change this. The other 2 fishing forums I rarely browse allows large pics and its an absolute breeze to download. Unfortunately those forums aren't TT and suck in comparison.
Go back and look at some of the historic posts where the pictures have now disappeared. Sadly, those low life scum bags that have been stealing pics off TT to pad out their Instagram pages will have to now look elsewhere.

kakaryan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by kakaryan » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:53 pm

The problem of linking pics from Facebook is that their links are not permanent. They fxxking change the url link every maybe 2 months and I have to keep going back to edit my post to make the pics work.

Check out my old threads. There was time back then that I posted every new rods and reels I bought on TT, and share every tuning thoughts and new findings. Maybe nothing epic, but I am sure some members have appreciated my works. The pictures are now all gone, as the links don't work anymore.

Running a forum is never easy, and expensive. I appreciate what TT have done in these years. I wouldn't mind if TT start charging for making posts on the classified forum, to fund a better server to host pictures.

Meanwhile, I am sure you would find better ways to share pics on here. Good luck all.

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Obz » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:46 am

fati wrote:Dude, dont cry, there is Tons of image hosting websites..

Haha

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:52 pm

aussiebasser wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:Photobucket hasn't ruined TT. That doesn't even make sense. Maybe for you personally, but as others have stated, there are loads of other apps you can use that remain free. I've never used any of them. I used to get very frustrated with loading pics here until I got it dialed in. I use windows paint and resize the pictures to 15% . Works every time. Unfortunately it's the largest TT will allow. Not as large and clean as using other apps, but still visible and gets the job done when needed. I still don't understand why TT can't change this. The other 2 fishing forums I rarely browse allows large pics and its an absolute breeze to download. Unfortunately those forums aren't TT and suck in comparison.
Go back and look at some of the historic posts where the pictures have now disappeared. Sadly, those low life scum bags that have been stealing pics off TT to pad out their Instagram pages will have to now look elsewhere.
Yup! My custom threads are now toast. If PB was reasonable about it, that would be one thing. But $399 per year? No thanks.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:25 pm

I been using Flickr for years now and its WAY better then photobucket...plus its free
https://www.flickr.com/