Zona goes to the big D

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Zona goes to the big D

Post by JWR075 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:08 pm

Mark Zona is no longer associated with Shimano or Loomis. He has switched to Daiwa.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Zona goes to the big D

Post by DirtyD64 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:31 pm

This alone should solve my issue of buying a second Zillion SV or trying a Chronarch MGL. Gonna stick with Daiwa for now, too many strange factors keep telling me different...

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:47 am

If he went over to quantum , ardent or Wright and McGill would you follow suit? I don't mean anything by this question but I have to ask.
Durant went to a top tier team and got his championship but Jordan never switched teams he only led his teammates by example to become great. Maybe Zone motivation was money and maybe not but it's business not friendship
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

KlingerNOK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KlingerNOK » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:29 am

I've heard Z was dropped by Shimano/G. Loomis, so he went to Daiwa.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:18 am

[quote="goldrod"]If he went over to quantum , ardent or Wright and McGill would you follow suit? I don't mean anything by this question but I have to ask.
:lol:

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:52 am

BigG wrote:
goldrod wrote:If he went over to quantum , ardent or Wright and McGill would you follow suit? I don't mean anything by this question but I have to ask.
:lol:
Pretty good question, and yes you are right. No way in hell I'd have Quantum Smokes all over my boat cause of Zona... I am just already loaded with Daiwa and was feeling like trying something new. Just kept getting scared and changing my mind. Little weird things like this (insignificant I know) kept happening, so I think I am going to stay with what I have been comfortable with for 6+ years. No knock toward Shimano, just personal choice and I am slightly OCD/crazy so I do expect this to be advice for anyone else.

SCBASSIN
Angler
Angler

Post by SCBASSIN » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:14 pm

Goldrod is 100% right It's business! :o

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:21 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:This alone should solve my issue of buying a second Zillion SV or trying a Chronarch MGL. Gonna stick with Daiwa for now, too many strange factors keep telling me different...
What does this have to do with Zona getting dropped by Shimano/Loomis?

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:22 pm

Bootytrain wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:This alone should solve my issue of buying a second Zillion SV or trying a Chronarch MGL. Gonna stick with Daiwa for now, too many strange factors keep telling me different...
What does this have to do with Zona getting dropped by Shimano/Loomis?
Nothing, I was just being irrelevant... I understand it has no relation to one person's preference as to what to buy, I just kept getting a bad review or something negative their way would happen and it caused me to believe maybe I should stick with my brand. Maybe it isn't a bad thing, one sponsored person isn't worth the world. KVD doesn't have us all fishing Zebco's, I mean Quatums...

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:10 am

Maybe he got sick and tired of the plastic overrun that is now Shimano. :lol:
<")))><{

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by papabassin » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:06 am

Honestly, Shimano/G. Loomis probably got tired of him fanboying over Brent Ehler and Seth Feider. Now everyone's happy :lol:

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:38 am

papabassin wrote:Honestly, Shimano/G. Loomis probably got tired of him fanboying over Brent Ehler and Seth Feider. Now everyone's happy :lol:
I saw one of his live streams with KVD, I swear he was trying to kiss Van Dam in the mouth :lol: Honestly I didnt even know he was sponsored by anyone until last year, I always just thought of him as a co host for the Bass Elite tourneys on TV.

WSfishin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by WSfishin » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:48 am

I own Loomis, Shimano,and Diawa..............none of it because of Zona.........Most of it because of the guys on here exchanging information........real people using product that is not free!!!!!!

down4ttown
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by down4ttown » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:26 pm

LgMouthGambler wrote:Maybe he got sick and tired of the plastic overrun that is now Shimano. :lol:
Now that sounds familiar.

78Staff
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 78Staff » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:40 pm

I read on another forum Shimano moved sponsorship to some youtube/kids on the block type fishing sensation... They also cancelled Dave Mercer's show or sponsorship or something along those lines... Moving advertising $$ to different media it looks like.