Boat Repairs.

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Boat Repairs.

Post by goldrod » Thu May 25, 2017 6:46 am

Just got a call my boat is ready for pick up..
i got the price of the repair and all I can think of is taking a slow walk to the woods and screaming at the top of my lungs when i get there just to go and pay for the repairs..lol

What is bewildering is I had about 3 weeks off,, I mean no work at all and in that time i didnt have a boat.. but I've done so much cooking that my wife and kids were ready to give me a full time job.. I've cleaned and vacuumed most every day, washed and dried clothes and even disassembled, cleaned and operated the water and dryer. I've fixed the a/c the same day it went out. I've even gotten the poulan chain saw out and used it a few times.. I've made a 17 hours drive straight in a 24 hour period..two times with only 3 days between them and fishing was only a dream. and no harrier spec f...

Three of my reels have been gone from home i almost forgot about them.. and the rods in my bed room appear to be in time out...
As you may have gathered from all this.. once i get the boat back home it will be time for work...lol

ON the plus side I did get some jigs ordered with the owner deep throat hooks.. awaiting them and i'll tell you all about it.
I've put a 1016 spool in a sv103xs and that thing is far better to me.. so much so daiwa should supply both spools with the reel.
I can not even tell you how good it is.. you have to find out for yourself and its not even tuned..lets just say it dethroned a D7.
Was able to order some football jigs.. picasso, and some other brand - but i've looked at plenty of football fishing videos and the
St. Croix 7'4" is going to get the nod on them

bought me some underspins ( not the jig head version ) for swimbaits. like the owner version.. seems like they improved the components have tried some swim jigs.. 6th Sense makes a pretty one but D&L tackle just makes ones that work. I can attest to that and they aren't expensive.. they just work. I only bought white and changed out the skirts.
I was able to clean out all my jigs and organize my tackle boxes in the garage..
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Boat Repairs.

Post by goldrod » Fri May 26, 2017 7:25 am

I've got my boat out of the shop. One mortgage payment later...lol
Anyways out of 8 years that I've had it the engine only has a 163 hours which is a testament to how much i've been away from home. The tech said I should at a minimum have 800 plus hours. Anyways I'll find out how she runs tomorrow and throw some football jigs..finally...
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible