Black Spike it

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Black Spike it

Post by goldrod » Mon May 15, 2017 9:45 pm

just recently got some after seeing someone use it on HIVIS braid instead of using a black permanent marker... I must say I like it better and it works... at least on Super Slick yellow..

Also I have been using it on chatterbait, jig and S/B skirts.. esp greens and browns that I'd want to add some black to..
best recent purchase i've made.. but instead of bring a black permanent marker I think you will find this better.. I do 3 feet at a time
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Black Spike it

Post by papabassin » Mon May 15, 2017 10:28 pm

I think I saw somewhere that Michael Neal does this when he's punching. He dips the the tungsten weight into the bottle and slides the line in and out to coat it in Spike-It. Claims it holds the color all day + gives it some stank. Was thinking I'd give it a try this summer and see what I think.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Mon May 15, 2017 10:48 pm

goldrod wrote:just recently got some after seeing someone use it on HIVIS braid instead of using a black permanent marker... I must say I like it better and it works... at least on Super Slick yellow..

Also I have been using it on chatterbait, jig and S/B skirts.. esp greens and browns that I'd want to add some black to..
best recent purchase i've made.. but instead of bring a black permanent marker I think you will find this better.. I do 3 feet at a time
It's a scent trail, like being down wind from a BBQ joint!

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon May 15, 2017 11:50 pm

I never thought about a scent trail
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Obz » Tue May 16, 2017 4:45 am

Is there a company that makes white soft bait dye? Most fish and craw fish have white undersides and I don't think its incorporated into plastics enough.