Goodbye Gander Mountain

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Goodbye Gander Mountain

Post by Jeffbro999 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:53 am

One of the issues I've been hearing a lot about lately is if you had gift cards, they would no longer accept them, since Gander Mnt. doesn't own the company anymore. They just tell you to get in touch with the bankruptcy court. Yet they are still able to start a new company while this is going on and everything is good? Something wrong with that. Just passing their problem on to the consumer. Glad I never once stepped foot in their store [-(

hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hungry_cow » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:32 am

I stepped in the check out their "clearance sales" and they marked up the Rapala baits to $10 to have a 25% of clearance sale of $7.50 each! Everything in there was still more expensive than everywhere else even with their "clearance" sales. Its no wonder they went out of business.

Markanthony404
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Markanthony404 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:59 pm

The ganders still open in eastern Ohio and western pa have some great deals on lures, 40% off everything in the store.

humph005
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by humph005 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:41 pm

Gander Mountain gun prices were ridiculously high compared to other stores in town. They always had Glocks marked up $100 more than other places. I found some good ammo prices there though sometimes. Fishing selection was not big enough for me to even bother with.

thebillsman
Angler
Angler

Post by thebillsman » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:23 pm

humph005 wrote:Gander Mountain gun prices were ridiculously high compared to other stores in town. They always had Glocks marked up $100 more than other places. I found some good ammo prices there though sometimes. Fishing selection was not big enough for me to even bother with.
They have always had a high price structure. $8.99 for a bag of senkos when Wally World in the same shopping center is $6.99 every day. I was so excited for my Gander and I ended up despising it. Expensive for the same generic items available at any big box store.

C_diesel2
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by C_diesel2 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:03 pm

thebillsman wrote:
humph005 wrote:Gander Mountain gun prices were ridiculously high compared to other stores in town. They always had Glocks marked up $100 more than other places. I found some good ammo prices there though sometimes. Fishing selection was not big enough for me to even bother with.
They have always had a high price structure. $8.99 for a bag of senkos when Wally World in the same shopping center is $6.99 every day. I was so excited for my Gander and I ended up despising it. Expensive for the same generic items available at any big box store.

good riddance...that place was awful.