Store plastics in worm binder or Plano open storage box?

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
Rodster14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Store plastics in worm binder or Plano open storage box?

Post by Rodster14 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:00 am

I currently have the plastics that I keep in the original package in a Bass Pro worm binder. It fits inside my current Bass Pro Skalker bag (albeit not perfectly). Does anyone use open compartment storage boxes instead of binders? What works best?

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Store plastics in worm binder or Plano open storage box?

Post by poisonokie » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:57 am

I do both, but i feel like they keep better in the bags they came in (scent/moisture/shape) so i don't mind storing like chunk trailers alongside jigs, but worms and especially swimbaits i keep in the packaging i bought it in because they are wont to lose their shape.
This is the way.

stingray23
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by stingray23 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:38 am

I use 3700 boxes and the original bags they came in.

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:38 pm

I use Plano 3700 boxes. It's easier to keep track of what I need using boxes vs bags.

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leggomye990 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:43 pm

The last time I put soft plastics inside a 3700 box, the box dividers started to warp and become all weird.

I keep my soft plastics in the packages.

CGrinder
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by CGrinder » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:39 am

Some plastics are awesome in Plano boxes (Yamamoto, Zoom, Missile Baits) and some are not so awesome. Netbait plastics in particular get very dry and stiff. Anything with a scent seems to leave a residue or warp dividers.

Ranger Ron 620 DVS
Angler
Angler

Post by Ranger Ron 620 DVS » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:54 am

I keep my some of my plastics in the "Original Bags" and then put them into a 1 Gallon Ziploc Storage Bags. I use a Sharpie to label the bags so I can identify what brand, type of bait and size is in each bag. After each fishing trip I then remove all of the plastics bags and keep them stored in a cooler. This prevents them from becoming faded, bent and melted...

Dug
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Dug » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:28 pm

Ranger Ron 620 DVS wrote:I keep my some of my plastics in the "Original Bags" and then put them into a 1 Gallon Ziploc Storage Bags. I use a Sharpie to label the bags so I can identify what brand, type of bait and size is in each bag. After each fishing trip I then remove all of the plastics bags and keep them stored in a cooler. This prevents them from becoming faded, bent and melted...
This is exactly what I do too, you can separate them in the ziplocs according to color, type, brand or any combination you want, plus it's easy to squeeze out excess air so they take up less room.

Dug

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:58 am

I've been doing the bags in ziploc bags for awhile now and it works OK. Can be tough to find the right bait at times though. Just got a boat and will be doing all my plastics in deep 3700's in their bags.
I like TD-Z's
Instagram: teal_101_jdm

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Obz » Wed May 10, 2017 5:57 pm

I keep my plastics in the original plastic bags, I can fit 6-8 of those original bags into a big ziplock zipper bag. I organize each zipper bag with similar plastics; craws, tubes, senkos... and so on . I label them with a sharpie, then I put the ziplock bags in those fabric grocery bags. My plastics are organized, travel well and its super cheap. A box of big ziplock zipper bags is like 5 bucks and the fabric grocery bags are 2 bucks each! haha got excited about this post.

kstephes033
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by kstephes033 » Thu May 11, 2017 1:10 am

I keep mine in the original bags, then in plasitc storage containers that are about the size of a shoebox. Can hold a lot of bags, organize them by type/style in each box. I then keep a "Day" or "confidence" box of the baits I am planning on using for the day, that sits on top ready to reach into at any time, then if i need something else that i wasnt thinking i would use, it is easy to find and get to.

fati
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fati » Thu May 11, 2017 4:44 am

Not a cheap option, but I leave them in their bags and store them inside a meiho versus 3080 tacklebox.

gailt
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by gailt » Sat May 13, 2017 1:22 am

I use original bags put in a 2 gallon zip locked bag,and mark them with magic marker,worms,finese worms,craws,and creature baits.I then put the zipbags in a cabela's small advanced anglers soft bag works for me.