Rod and reel guidance

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
QJordan23
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Rod and reel guidance

Post by QJordan23 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:16 pm

Hey all, this is my first post here. I've always lurked around but never signed up. Anyway, I've been searching and searching for a new rod and reel for this year. I'm looking for a heavy rod for pitching larger jigs and heavier Texas rigs as well as throwing a Carolina rig. Sensitivity and it being fairly light are a must. Total budget is around $450. That is for a rod and reel. I'm also very open to the JDM market as far as reels go.
Thanks in advance.

Redfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Rod and reel guidance

Post by Redfish » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:12 pm

Tatula SV and a Dobyns 735 would be a great setup and should fall in your price range.
[url=http://www.yakangler.com][img]http://www.yakangler.com/images/stories/banners/YakAngler_Sunrise.png[/img][/url]

Rodster14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rodster14 » Fri May 05, 2017 6:24 am

Your ideal set up would be a Shimano Chronarch MGL 8.1 paired with a new GLX jig and worm rod. If you have a tackle shop where you have a good relationship and they are willing to work with you, you should be able to get this setup for just a little bit more than your budget. I think would give that a shot.

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Obz » Tue May 09, 2017 1:50 am

Kistler Helium 3 7'H. Daiwa SV103

kstephes033
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by kstephes033 » Wed May 10, 2017 3:14 am

You could go with a new Tatula SV, or Tatula CT type R for a little more capacity and less spendy, plus one of the new tatula elite AGS either 7'4" H or 7'6" H for very close if not under your total depending on where you get the reel... i have both those rods and they are legit, very light, sensitive, and good backbone.

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by papabassin » Wed May 10, 2017 3:34 am

I'd probably roll with a Megabass Orochi XX Perfect Pitch and pair it with a new Daiwa Tatula SV. Buy them both from The Tackle Trap and use the Tackle Tour discount on the Tatula SV. I believe you'll come out right around $475-ish. That'd be one helluva combo for $475!