Electronic mounts

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Electronic mounts

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:31 am

What mounts are you guys using for your fish finders?

I have been searching the web for 2 days to find one that will fit the Helix 7 G2 without the base plate being huge
but can not find anything.

Help please.....

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Electronic mounts

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:48 am

Sorry for the second reply.

I found some from Ram Mounts but have heard they slip, not sure if the helix 7 would have enough weight to cause this or not...

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:57 am

I use a BalZout up front for my 9" Lowrance HDS. It's expensive but does not move, even in rough water. I had used a Ram mount for years but didn't like the way they slip, especially when it's rough or when your running full out.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:11 pm

njbasscat wrote:I use a BalZout up front for my 9" Lowrance HDS. It's expensive but does not move, even in rough water. I had used a Ram mount for years but didn't like the way they slip, especially when it's rough or when your running full out.
What is the length of the mounting surface? would it look weird with a helix 7?

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:42 am

BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
njbasscat wrote:I use a BalZout up front for my 9" Lowrance HDS. It's expensive but does not move, even in rough water. I had used a Ram mount for years but didn't like the way they slip, especially when it's rough or when your running full out.
What is the length of the mounting surface? would it look weird with a helix 7?
There are a few different sizes. There sharp looking, even without the graph. You will read mixed reviews but I have nothing but good things to say about them. There is plenty of adjustment to get the screen where you want it. After you tighten all the bolts, they don't move. The color is fading a little bit but after a couple years of use in bright sun, it's to be expected.