Boat shoes

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
gumbygold
Angler
Angler

Re: Boat shoes

Post by gumbygold » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:14 am

BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
gumbygold wrote:What kind of rig do you have that necessitates getting wet?
Tracker 175 txw
When someone goes with me its not a problem, its only when I'm by myself, loading and unloading the boat on the trailer.
Gotcha, I only ask because I have a system where I don't touch the water but I know each boat/trailer combo is different.

Snyder Rods
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Snyder Rods » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:56 pm

Skechers has a huge lineup of men's sport shoes, including boat shoes, and just about every tread design and style you could imagine, at bargain prices. That's the only place I buy shoes anymore.

Ranger Ron 620 DVS
Angler
Angler

Post by Ranger Ron 620 DVS » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:01 pm

NRS Men's Crush Water Shoe...

jig61
Angler
Angler

Post by jig61 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:48 am

I have a pair of under armours similar to yours I really like but I mostly wear crocs.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:29 pm

Just ordered some simms westshore flip flops also :)

TK_duluthbass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by TK_duluthbass » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:00 am

I like the Adidas Terrex Gore-Tex boots. They come up on my ankle so I can step in shallow water to get the boat on the trailer and I can fish from shore without worrying too much about water getting inside. They're lightweight, which is very important to me when fishing all day. They're also pretty comfortable.

stykbowslim
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by stykbowslim » Thu May 04, 2017 11:36 pm

I don't have a recommendation for a good boat shoe, however I also fish alot by myself and the places I fish have a boat dock. I load and unload by getting close to the dock, and using the big engine to load/unload. Check out this video of Skeet Reese doing the same, maybe it will help to keep your feet dry :D ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnveZzNXoHg

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Fri May 05, 2017 6:17 pm

stykbowslim wrote:I don't have a recommendation for a good boat shoe, however I also fish alot by myself and the places I fish have a boat dock. I load and unload by getting close to the dock, and using the big engine to load/unload. Check out this video of Skeet Reese doing the same, maybe it will help to keep your feet dry :D ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnveZzNXoHg
It would be nice if we had docks like that by our boat ramps, but we don't :crying:

djd
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by djd » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:55 am

Can't remember the last time I had to get wet when launching boat. I typically drive it off and gently run it onto whatever landscape is nearby (typically sand or grass where I fish)....Thats what keel guards are for!

When it comes to shoes for fishing, I've been wearing some Saucony Hurricane ISOs the last 2 years. Before that it was Brooks Adrenaline that stabilized my flat feet. Will probably go back to the Brooks when I'm done with my current shoes.

djd