Returned rods or reels.

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
Sore Thumb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Returned rods or reels.

Post by Sore Thumb » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:38 am

I notice many comments from people saying how they bought a piece of tackle, tried it, found it unsuitable, for whatever reason, and then return it. What then happens to this gear? Is it then resold, as "new", offered at a reduced price, does it go back to the factory for assessment? While I wish such a system was available here, I have often wondered what happens to all this second hand tackle.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Returned rods or reels.

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:19 am

A lot of it is sold here :lol:

I am not sure on the commercial side of it.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

IlliniDawg01

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:45 pm

I've often wondered what happens to broken rods that are returned to Cabelas. I would love it if they sold them on ebay instead of just trashing them which is likely what happens.

Mike and Pike
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: IlliniDawg01

Post by Mike and Pike » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:05 am

IlliniDawg01 wrote:I've often wondered what happens to broken rods that are returned to Cabelas. I would love it if they sold them on ebay instead of just trashing them which is likely what happens.
Usable ones (tips replaced and such) generally end up in their Bargain Cave. Same with reels.

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

IlliniDawg01

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:19 am

Mike and Pike wrote:
IlliniDawg01 wrote:I've often wondered what happens to broken rods that are returned to Cabelas. I would love it if they sold them on ebay instead of just trashing them which is likely what happens.
Usable ones (tips replaced and such) generally end up in their Bargain Cave. Same with reels.
In more interested in the unusable ones that I could convert into travel rods or salvage components of off.

DaveJ

Mike and Pike
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: IlliniDawg01

Post by Mike and Pike » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:59 am

IlliniDawg01 wrote:
Mike and Pike wrote:
In more interested in the unusable ones that I could convert into travel rods or salvage components of off.

DaveJ
You can buy those directly from St. Croix. You may have noticed lots on eBay also.