Cheaper Daiwa type baitcast reel covers

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
tditox4
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Cheaper Daiwa type baitcast reel covers

Post by tditox4 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:55 am

FYI , Just received 2 covers that I bought from the auction site. They are decent thickness and cover the entire handle , even the 100mm handle on my IP79 . That is something many other brands can not do. They are called cross factor ANC701 Bait reel cover 140mm×120mm . Only cost 6 bucks US each . Made in China , but I bought them from a Japanese seller from Japan .

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Cheaper Daiwa type baitcast reel covers

Post by Finnz922 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:08 am

which auction site?

tditox4
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tditox4 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:04 am

fleabay

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:22 am

Those look interesting. A couple of my SLP works colored knobs have started to peel because of other reels rubbing against them in my boat's rod locker. I use the Tackle Warehouse covers, but they don't cover the knobs. Maybe these will be a solution. My only worry would be the reel being able to dry after use if it is fully covered. Have you been able to test this?

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:27 am

If you don't mind the TW branding, these are only $5 each: TackleWarehouse Reel Covers
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:43 am

Cal wrote:If you don't mind the TW branding, these are only $5 each: TackleWarehouse Reel Covers
I have plenty of the Tackle Warehouse ones. They can be a pain with slightly bigger reels and, they are designated for either left or right handed reels.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:17 am

Ive got 4 of them and the biggest issue is how they hold moisture "in".

Throw a reel in one of these neoprene bags, they seem to seal up around the rod handle itself tighter than a fishes rear (good for keeping dust out!), add direct sunlight and viola - steamed (fogged) reel.

Getting a hole punch and riddle the middle of the bag full of holes could really help stop it happening, but I've resorted to just using these bags for direct transport and after cleaning storage than wet during use storage.

tditox4
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tditox4 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:57 am

toddmc wrote:Those look interesting. A couple of my SLP works colored knobs have started to peel because of other reels rubbing against them in my boat's rod locker. I use the Tackle Warehouse covers, but they don't cover the knobs. Maybe these will be a solution. My only worry would be the reel being able to dry after use if it is fully covered. Have you been able to test this?
I sent you a pm

tditox4
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tditox4 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:13 am

6 Video clips sent. Let me know what you think.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:23 am

I've got a bunch of Trulinoya branded ones off Aliexpress that are like what you get with a Steez. They're a little thinner than the Steez covers but get the job done and are around $3 a peice but are purchaced in pairs for $6.

tditox4
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tditox4 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:28 am

LowRange wrote:I've got a bunch of Trulinoya branded ones off Aliexpress that are like what you get with a Steez. They're a little thinner than the Steez covers but get the job done and are around $3 a peice but are purchaced in pairs for $6.
I tried to order some of those off of fleabay , ended up not getting them . Seller said he would resend , still did not get them , got refund.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:46 am

tditox4 wrote:
LowRange wrote:I've got a bunch of Trulinoya branded ones off Aliexpress that are like what you get with a Steez. They're a little thinner than the Steez covers but get the job done and are around $3 a peice but are purchaced in pairs for $6.
I tried to order some of those off of fleabay , ended up not getting them . Seller said he would resend , still did not get them , got refund.
Yeah I ordered the covers and and a carbon handle off Aliexpress and it took like two months to get here. The seller was about to ship a 2nd order but it arrived. Must have gotten stuck at customs I assume.

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:38 pm

do the steez-type covers have a line cut out? i have a bunch of the old bps bag covers, and although they're big and gaudy, at least they work on combos not just reels themselves.