Daiwa on TT

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Daiwa on TT

Post by JWR075 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:13 am

Daiwa just said that they are looking at possibly coming back on TT. Sure would be nice to see them back on here.

africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Daiwa on TT

Post by africanbass » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:46 am

If done properly,I'm all for it ;)
Half baked is a no go...
Happiness is a sore thumb

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:45 pm

Great

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:15 pm

Lets give them a chance :D

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:20 am

Just curious. If this was your company, would you want someone, like a market manager, product developer/engineer, or customer service rep to be responding to you via TT?

I see pros to all 3 myself based on the company I work for and how we deal with our customers. I wonder what the rest of you at TT think.

Mike and Pike
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mike and Pike » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:16 am

Finnz922 wrote:Just curious. If this was your company, would you want someone, like a market manager, product developer/engineer, or customer service rep to be responding to you via TT?

I see pros to all 3 myself based on the company I work for and how we deal with our customers. I wonder what the rest of you at TT think.
If I owned the company I put my marketing team to work.
If by " your company" you mean the company I buy from then that depends. I certainly hope to have the majority of info from an engineer/developer and not have to rely on marketing or customer service often at all.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:50 am

I have always had good interactions with Daiwa. Everyone on their team has been helpful and quick to respond.

I know there are a lot of questions that pop up that can be answered by many of the mechanically inclined reel gurus that are members on here i.e will X gears fit in Y reel.

We get a lot of our information from Japan and elsewhere. We can speculate all we want but, it is never certain what the US has or doesn't have coming to us. We at TackleTour are a small part of the fishing industry. We tend to be more inclined to the high end products most anglers wouldn't touch. I doubt Daiwa US is on the same page as Daiwa Japan because their focus is on the US. The US market in general is about the "biggest". "Hey Joe, look how much 14lb mono I can fit on this reel, I reckon it will hold 200yds".

Most anglers also are not as performance driven as us. Shallow spools, weight and gear ratios mean a lot less to Old Man McGrady catching catfish than to us. He may catch a lot more bass fishing with shiners and a Ugly Stik than many of us will using $1000 plus combos. Using the gear is a treat in itself. The fish we catch have little to drive our enthusiasm. We enjoy the tinkering and other luxuries. I use a lot of BFS. I bet I could catch more fish with a $30 spinning combo and a bucket of worms. I enjoy the rush of casting and retrieving high end equipment.

Bantam1 is a great source for the Shimano crowd. I do however see a lot of the questions he gets asked are often about speculation and about when a certain product from Japan is coming to the US and such. Don't get me wrong, he does provide a lot of "straight from the horse's mouth" answers for a wide array of topics.

I imagine a lot of information is to be kept under wraps until a release (Classic, ICAST). They may hear ideas of bringing a product to the US but they aren't going to say there is such speculation because that is how rumors get started and that doesn't do any good for anyone.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:22 am

Finnz922 wrote:Just curious. If this was your company, would you want someone, like a market manager, product developer/engineer, or customer service rep to be responding to you via TT?

For me it is obviously a product engineer. Service reps, market managers, even most pro's in most cases don't have a clue about many things including JDM market, they simply telling you stuff what you can find in Daiwa catalog. I would rather ask questions about reels to Shuta Kano then any Daiwa rep answering phone calls or emails.
The great thing I got several business cards at most recent ICAST from Daiwa Japan R&D and engineering team, including Daiwa R&D reel manager. Many Daiwa fans participating here have better knowledge about Daiwa reels in general then any Daiwa rep or pro.