"Life Line" Fishing Accesories

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

"Life Line" Fishing Accesories

Post by zodiak311 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:32 am

I was just thinking about all the fishing tools and accessories, that I cannot imagine being without. We all love our rods and reels, but what special tools/accesories do you use all the time, that really stand out to you, and personally considered as money well spent? I would love to hear about them!

For me:

1. Finger saver for tying San Diego knots, fluorocarbon to braid leaders http://www.histackleboxshop.com/Finger- ... 0rings.htm

2. Rod and reels covers

3. Boomerang snip line cutter

4. Berkley portable line spooling station (older version)

5. All my UV clothing, Buffs, Worms ling sleeve shirts etc... (skin cancer is no joke, and I hate wearing sunscreen)

6. Back Rac rod rack
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Bac_Rac_ ... CRACK.html

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: "Life Line" Fishing Accesories

Post by Jeffbro999 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:05 am

I do A LOT of wade fishing here on the coast, and that's where I need more specialized tools I couldn't be without. Don't have a lot of room to bring a lot of stuff, so I had to figure out what was essential. Boat list would be much longer but not as specialized.

1. Boga Grip- any other lip grip type of tool(besides the plastic ones) won't survive a month out there in the saltwater. The Boga stays in the water and never had an issue out of it. Makes handling fish while in the water very easy. Plus the scale is as accurate as they come.

2. I'm all about some sun protection to, so the long sleeve sun shirts, buff, gloves, hat are definitely essential.

3.Polarized sunglasses- I use Oakleys with the Shallow water Prizm lenses and could not be without them. Seeing potholes in the grass flats is very important, as that is where the fish are.

4. Evolution Braid Scissors- http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Evolutio ... e-EBS.html
These work great for multiple tasks while on/in the water. Split ring pliers at the tip, plier jaws for hook removal, and scissors. They are very small and pack easily in my small tackle box.

cortman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cortman » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:40 pm

Boomerang snips
Fish Grip Jr.
Cheap digital scale
Needlenose pliers

Those are really the essentials for me, sunglasses are definitely up there but not a make or break item.

Baik
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Baik » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:56 am

All of the above and my inflatable life vest. Hadn't worn a life vest in years until I bought one of these. Well worth the money and I don't even notice I have it on. I end up driving home with it on half the time...

Matt

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:23 am

Baik wrote:All of the above and my inflatable life vest. Hadn't worn a life vest in years until I bought one of these. Well worth the money and I don't even notice I have it on. I end up driving home with it on half the time...

Matt
X2
I use to hate wearing life vests, but after I bought a Mustang, its so comfortable that I wear it all day.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:03 am

zodiak311 wrote:
Baik wrote:All of the above and my inflatable life vest. Hadn't worn a life vest in years until I bought one of these. Well worth the money and I don't even notice I have it on. I end up driving home with it on half the time...

Matt
X2
I use to hate wearing life vests, but after I bought a Mustang, its so comfortable that I wear it all day.
Always wore life vest when running, with the mustang I wear one all day.

TFOUR
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by TFOUR » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:07 pm

Mustang Elite Vest- you can cast comfortably while wearing.

RCI optics- I can see better than almost anyone I get in the boat with including the big name manufacturers. Plus they have one of the highest protection ratings in the industry.

Storms Rain Gear, and Cold gear. Amazing how fast it sheds water.

Angler Innovations USA Rod Covers- They are neoprene and cover the rod and reel.

Shoes that Shed water quickly there are a number of good brands.

Plano Tackle Box as a co-angler the waterproof bottom is a huge help sitting in the boat during big waves or rain.

Wool Socks for Rain.

I'm sure I am forgetting some things. Disclosure I have recieved or have relationships with some of these companies however I chose them for there Quality, Technology before hand.