TW's redesigned website

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
21farms
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

TW's redesigned website

Post by 21farms » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:41 am

so, am i the only one that visits the tacklewarehouse website everyday? :lol:

anyway, people have been clamoring for their shopping cart to not to empty itself after a couple of days; TW always says "we're working on it". with their new website design, i wonder if they've actually done something about it yet. i just put 10 items in my cart...i'll try to stay away and see if they're still in there on monday. fingers crossed...

TommyG
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: TW's redesigned website

Post by TommyG » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:45 am

Looks Good! Thought I was at Japan Tackle for a min. Have not tried the shopping cart yet. Way to go TW =D> =D>

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:55 am

I don't like TW or JT's new sites. I'm old and don't like change, even if it's better. :lol:

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:33 am

BigG wrote:I don't like TW or JT's new sites. don't like change, even if it's better. :lol:
Same about me, I guess I am very conservative :lol:

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:52 am

Still no wish list... worthless update...

DaveJ

Jdmbiggie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jdmbiggie » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:41 am

TommyG wrote:Looks Good! Thought I was at Japan Tackle for a min. Have not tried the shopping cart yet. Way to go TW =D> =D>

x2 :D

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:00 pm

Ugh... the old design was way better.. this new one makes the site look like a startup

pharmboy2010
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by pharmboy2010 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:09 pm

I don't really care about the update one way or the other, but they really, REALLY need to add a wish list feature. A rewards program would be killer, too!

jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by jpd0144 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:14 pm

Haven't put my finger on it yet ... But there is something feeling cheap about it.

The older version seemed to lay out better. Easier on the eyes maybe ?

I'll give it more time ...

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:21 pm

I can't log into my TW account anymore since the update... Can anyone get into theirs?

And whats the point of a wishlist? If you want it just add to cart and checkout....

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:41 pm

Pen3 wrote:I can't log into my TW account anymore since the update... Can anyone get into theirs?

And whats the point of a wishlist? If you want it just add to cart and checkout....
My account works fine.

A lot of people don't buy often. I might make 2 orders a year, usually waiting for a sale or whatever. A wish list lets you add lures you might want to buy at that future time but not immediately so you don't forget. It is also helpful when what you want is out of stock, which happens a ton on that site. I have intended to buy dozens of lures that I just forget about because I don't have a wish list. They have left hundreds of my dollars in purgatory because they don't have that feature.

DaveJ

21farms
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 21farms » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:34 pm

arrrrghhhh! i put a bunch of stuff into my shopping cart on friday and, here it is monday morning, and my cart was emptied. looks like all they changed was the cosmetics :doh:

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:56 am

21farms wrote:arrrrghhhh! i put a bunch of stuff into my shopping cart on friday and, here it is monday morning, and my cart was emptied. looks like all they changed was the cosmetics :doh:
That and it says my account doesn't exist anymore. I though that maybe i forgot the password so i put in my email for password recovery and it says 'The email address you entered is not associated with an account at Tackle Warehouse'... I made tons of purchases and just ordered during the 2016 tax stimulus sale a few weeks back.

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:23 am

Not a fan of the new site. Really don't like how the zoom feature works on the baits while on my laptop. The old site was perfect and magnifying glass worked perfect. Call me old but the new site just isn't for me. I wonder what their reason for the change was?

Abu Daimano
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Abu Daimano » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:40 pm

Fishing4Fun wrote:Not a fan of the new site. Really don't like how the zoom feature works on the baits while on my laptop. The old site was perfect and magnifying glass worked perfect. Call me old but the new site just isn't for me. I wonder what their reason for the change was?
That bothered me too. If I click something to zoom in, I didn't do so to look at the picture in the same size in a different window :evil: