What setup am I missing?

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
Crankbaitmaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: What setup am I missing?

Post by Crankbaitmaker » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:30 am

So do you fish close or do you like making long casts? If you like in close I would recommend a 6'6" rod. However, you can do it with a 7 ft rod too. Get rid of the flipping stick (since you really don't use it much) and the big swimbait setup (because you really didn't say that you are weighting down the livewells with fish with it and get you another MH. That makes sense to me. Your style, whether it be in close or out far should determine the length (6'6" or 7'). Take a real hard look and be honest with yourself. What do you always have tied on that works for you. 7' MH ought to take care of your Kietechs etc. Do you blaze down a bank making as many cast as you can? Or do you make long casts trying to cover lots of water? Answering that question ought to help you determine the length of the rod. Get rid of the rest or hang on to them to fish for fun. But personally, I can see where you have stuff that you are not using. Get rid of them and get what suits the way you enjoy fishing.

Crankbaitmaker

dinosorcerer
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: What setup am I missing?

Post by dinosorcerer » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:41 am

:D I make long casts. As for my flipping stick, I've converted it to my saltwater inshore halibut/bass fishing rod. I have to keep my Heavy stick, since I'm in California it is pretty much a must have to catch lunkers(not really but it is awesome setup Super Red Demon and Conquest 250DC). Thank you for your wisdom, very much appreciated!