boating tip cheap

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

boating tip cheap

Post by goldrod » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:49 am

While out with my kids and getting on plane my daughterc covered up. I wanted her to enjoy her time out.
With out buying a motorcycle helmet or a save phace mask, I got some Magellan snow goggles for $14 and
They are very comfortable ands scratch resistant with a very high quality view.

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: boating tip cheap

Post by Bassmar » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:21 pm

I suspect that she covered up because she was terrified. 8-[ 8-[ Not because she was afraid of getting bugs in her eves. Same as people on roller coasters bury their heads between their knees. Don't see how goggles are going to help her. :lol: :lol:

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:35 am

My four-year boy is scared to death every time I put my boat on plane. He crawls in my lap and covers up. My seven-year old boy was the exact opposite at 4. He asked if he could take his life jacket off and sit on the front deck while we were on plane. Some kids love it and some don't. I think it's all about personality. The goggles and a comfortable vest are good tricks to boost confidence and comfort for the ones that don't like speed and danger.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:06 am

lol,, she may have been just scared.
I thought maybe the air blowing on her was a deterrent and that maybe. She sits between us two but
she's gotten older i guess i am not willing to see that she is growing up smartly.

One other thing i have found is them bluetooth speakers are a bonus on your boat. No need to drill into your boat, they play the music in your phone and they are small and portable. I got mines off of amazon and its a triangle shape and is very loud. PLUS if your phone rings it will ring and you can talk through your speakers.

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:32 am

goldrod wrote:
One other thing i have found is them bluetooth speakers are a bonus on your boat. No need to drill into your boat, they play the music in your phone and they are small and portable. I got mines off of amazon and its a triangle shape and is very loud. PLUS if your phone rings it will ring and you can talk through your speakers.
I got the UE Boom2 for Christmas from my wife and son. I have not wore earbuds since. The thing is sick!

Okiekev
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Okiekev » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:40 am

Heck, I like goggles too. Especially on cooler days they keep my eyes from tearing up.

Demoman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Demoman » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:59 am

I always have ski goggles in my boat for cold long morning runs. Its fairly common for tournament fisherman to have goggles on at blastoff.

GOOD YEAR 71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by GOOD YEAR 71 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:20 am

If it's cold or wet enough I'll strap on my old Bell Moto 4. Warm, quiet, dry. Perfect. :whistle:

It's like good old times to me, but to a scared youngster it would provide considerable safety and make them feel the same. Hit a motorcycle dealership and set them up, or just size them up and jump on ebay to grab a DOT youth full face. The cheapo's are like $40, come in lots of colors, and your little 4 year old will be acting like he's 10 in no time.

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:40 am

I can't see without goggles when running my boat. Air gets past sun glasses and my eyes tear up. I have a pair of goggles with a fan in them so they don't fog up. My Save Phace fogs so bad I can't see out of it.