Found out that we are all wasting money...

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Found out that we are all wasting money...

Post by adam lancia » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:28 pm

BucketHunter wrote:Die Horsey Die.
6 week old thread, OP has not logged in since the day after he posted it. I'd say he is committed in his decision and has left the TT life behind...
Agreed. I just wish I had seen his for sale thread...

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:26 pm

First off, I know this is essenentially a dead thread, but l feel like it is still a good dicussion topic, if only to see othere folks' opinions/views. There are ponds here where I do catch bream and target big bass with them under a big float. More often than not, it is to teach someone(the owner or a kid I have taken with me) about predator/prey relationships and how a big fish behaves-or to prove that there are actually larger fish in that body of water. Its always catch and release and I do use cicle hooks, but I hardly ever do it. Its ultimately his choice to make, even though most of us here think its a mistake. One thing is for certain, though-I would never give up the journey in exchange for the destination.

Pegasus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Pegasus » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:45 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:First off, I know this is essenentially a dead thread, but l feel like it is still a good dicussion topic, if only to see othere folks' opinions/views. There are ponds here where I do catch bream and target big bass with them under a big float. More often than not, it is to teach someone(the owner or a kid I have taken with me) about predator/prey relationships and how a big fish behaves-or to prove that there are actually larger fish in that body of water. Its always catch and release and I do use cicle hooks, but I hardly ever do it. Its ultimately his choice to make, even though most of us here think its a mistake. One thing is for certain, though-I would never give up the journey in exchange for the destination.

Good quote
But I remember telling my son that if you have to kill something to catch a bigger fish than its not fishing anymore
since you are doing it for the sport and not to eat it.
So if that is the case give it up and take up hunting which is not my bag.

triple_illusion
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by triple_illusion » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:45 am

dude throw up a picture of the bass you caught! :D

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:13 am

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

ppFishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ppFishing » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:52 am

personally, it's still cheaper than therapy :big grin:

legendaryyaj
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by legendaryyaj » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:34 pm

ppFishing wrote:personally, it's still cheaper than therapy :big grin:
You're not doing it right then. ](*,)

breamtim
Angler
Angler

Post by breamtim » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:51 pm

I agree and disagree with this topic. In Australia we get an awesome fish called an estuary perch, who loves live baitfish, frogs, worms, and basically anything, similar to a bass. Probably the easiest way to get one is a live mullet under a float at night. While I do this occasionally, to me there is nothing like the savage surface strike or 'boof' as a perch hits a top water, which is why I don't usually fish live bait for them.

bigfruits
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bigfruits » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:27 pm

did he sell his stuff yet?

I want his compound bow when he finds out about hunting rifles.

BASSLAYER
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BASSLAYER » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:43 am

THe thrill is gone...

jeff h
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jeff h » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:41 pm

bigfruits wrote:did he sell his stuff yet?

I want his compound bow when he finds out about hunting rifles.
LOL... =D>

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:39 pm

Bob crupi would agree...

joeyblackwood
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by joeyblackwood » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:36 am

Just moved to the bay area and heard about a place called Hi's Tackle Shop...I wonder what's inside???

joeyblackwood
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by joeyblackwood » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:39 am

This is it
Attachments
01.jpg
Here she be in all her glory
01.jpg (47.08 KiB) Viewed 5841 times

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:10 am

joeyblackwood wrote:Just moved to the bay area and heard about a place called Hi's Tackle Shop...I wonder what's inside???
You wouldn't like it-it is filled with things that most of us want to mindlessly throw money at. :whistle: