Save Phace

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
RipN-Lips
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Save Phace

Post by RipN-Lips » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:44 am

Just wondering if anyone has used one and what you think? I'm mainly wanting to check one out for working outside. I have a fleece one but it gets wet from breathing into it. Is this something that I can comfortably breath into a couple hours at a time?

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Save Phace

Post by njbasscat » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:20 am

Mine fogs up unless I'm running down the lake and can get some air flow around it. What kind of work do you do?

RipN-Lips
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by RipN-Lips » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:14 am

Thanks. I'm a City Carrier for the Postal Service. Got about 5-6hrs of walking deliveries a day. Wind isn't constant but it sure as heck seems frequent in the Winter and beats my face up pretty good...not sure if it'd work or not

RipN-Lips
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by RipN-Lips » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:15 am

I know one old timer in the business that has permanent nerve damage in his face!! Hahaha

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:29 am

I have a neoprene face mask that I use when it gets below 20 degrees and the wind is blowing. It works great but my sunglasses fog up so I can't wear them.

maxpowers
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by maxpowers » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:37 pm

I have one, it fogs up pretty badly as stated above in this thread. Only time I really wear it is if I need to run while it's raining out,then it works well enough. It doesn't blow me away though (no pun intended)

WCCT
Angler
Angler

Post by WCCT » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:06 pm

Mine fogs up as well. I even emailed the company about this and since I had a pretty old mask, he said that the new lenses were better. They sent me one free of charge but it still fogs up. I bought my mask right when they first came out. I will wear it when I am riding with my buddy, but I couldn't see out of it good enough to drive.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:30 am

How about RainX on the lenses? Or an anti fogging spray. I use RainX on my Oakley sunglasses and they never fog anymore. Just make sure there's no coating on the lenses.

fishballer06
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fishballer06 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:07 am

As someone who used to play paintball professionally (and still play for recreation), I can tell you that the Save Phace masks are garbage. You're getting fogging because they're just a cheaply made, badly designed product.

DO NOT put any kind of cleaning agent on the lens. Most lenses for these masks are designed to be cleaned with water only. Cleaning agents have a chemical in them that will eliminate any kind of anti fog coating that the lens has, and will eventually eat away the lens itself.

If you want, look into the JT Proflex mask. It comes with a thermal lens that will not fog, and the bottoms can be removed if you'd like. They're also fairly cheap compared to some of the really high end paintball masks.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:34 am

fishballer06 wrote:As someone who used to play paintball professionally (and still play for recreation), I can tell you that the Save Phace masks are garbage. You're getting fogging because they're just a cheaply made, badly designed product.

DO NOT put any kind of cleaning agent on the lens. Most lenses for these masks are designed to be cleaned with water only. Cleaning agents have a chemical in them that will eliminate any kind of anti fog coating that the lens has, and will eventually eat away the lens itself.

If you want, look into the JT Proflex mask. It comes with a thermal lens that will not fog, and the bottoms can be removed if you'd like. They're also fairly cheap compared to some of the really high end paintball masks.
Thanks for the input. Wasn't sure if it would affect these lenses as I have heard it would with some plastics.

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:33 am

I use Habervision goggles when running my boat. They have a fan in them that eliminates fogging. The goggles aren't anything special but the fan works great. You can buy the fan separate and install it in many types of goggles but not save phase as it will not fit them. The fan costs about $30.00.

WCCT
Angler
Angler

Post by WCCT » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:12 am

Those Habervision goggles look pretty sweet! I might have to grab a pair of those. Thanks for the heads up on these.