Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
bassman51
Angler
Angler

Post by bassman51 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:23 am

Just saying hello and introducing myself as a newly registered member here on Tackle Tour. I have been reading this forum for some time now but finally registered so that I can become more interactive. I am retired and live in PA. I am anxiously waiting for this weather to break to get out on the water and catch some bass! I look forward to all of your helpful answers with any questions that I may have. I also hope to provide some of my knowledge for questions that many of you might post. Thank you and I look forward to being a part of Tackle Tour.

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Member

Post by USA-RET » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:18 am

:welc: Welcome to Tackle Tour. Beware of the "dark side". It all starts so innocently ........................ :lol:

Mags00
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Mags00 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:17 am

USA-RET wrote::welc: Welcome to Tackle Tour. Beware of the "dark side". It all starts so innocently ........................ :lol:
Ain't that the truth... Then the monkey appears... :-#

Also, Welcome to the boards.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:08 pm

Welcome...and enjoy.

lpquick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by lpquick » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:25 pm

Greetings tell it like it is! :cool1:

G3Steve
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by G3Steve » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:05 pm

Welcome to the club... this forum is almost as fun as fishing itself... almost. :lol:

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:07 am

:welc: Enjoy

angry john
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by angry john » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:22 am

This forum rocks and is almost as fun as fishing!!!

new2BC4bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by new2BC4bass » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:30 am

Welcome to a great forum. Whereabouts in Northeastern PA are you located? I live in the ABE area. Unfortunately I will be moving further away from any fishing waters next month. Not that there are any good ones nearby other than the Delaware River. :cry:

Hopefully you live in an area with better fishing.

Can I assume the Bait Monkey has already had his way with you? :big grin: :big grin:

bassman51
Angler
Angler

Post by bassman51 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:18 pm

I live in the Scranton area and have fished the lakes of the northeast section of Pa for many years. Never do i lose interest of the challenge of a good day of fishing with my sons.

new2BC4bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by new2BC4bass » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:37 pm

I've got one daughter....adopted. She loves to fish. Her spinning rods have stayed home every since I had a 6' MHF Senko rod (pink, of course!) built for her. Picked up a Chronarch 101A in good shape for it. Wanted to get her another...and longer rod...now that she is use to the b/c, but she said no thanks. She is happy with the one she already has. Too bad us guys can't be happy with just one. :laugh1: :big grin:

I'm up to about 30 rods and looking for at least 4 more. ](*,)

My grandsons would fish more often if we had a place where they could catch fish on a regular basis. Wouldn't matter what kind or how big. They do get excited when they finally hook one. :mrgreen:

bassman51
Angler
Angler

Post by bassman51 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:58 am

My sons are adults 31 and 25. They have been fishing with me since they were three. Both were using casting reels by 10. Today they are accomplished fisherman and love to go. My older son has become quite the fly fishing enthusiast. He wants me to go with him, but knot tying tiny flies is not as easy as it once was.

Redfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Redfish » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:09 am

:welc: and enjoy yourself. The folks on this board are most helpful!

new2BC4bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by new2BC4bass » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:06 am

bassman51 wrote:My sons are adults 31 and 25. They have been fishing with me since they were three. Both were using casting reels by 10. Today they are accomplished fisherman and love to go. My older son has become quite the fly fishing enthusiast. He wants me to go with him, but knot tying tiny flies is not as easy as it once was.
That is great...that your sons have been fishing with you that long! :big grin: I understand about tiny flies and thin lines. I have trouble stringing a casting rod with micro guides. :(

My daughter got her first b/c reel when when was 30. She took to it right away, and doesn't bother with her spinning gear at all. She fishes Senkos almost 100% of the time. Thus the Senko rod I had made for her one Christmas.

I was a bad father. From the time she was 5 until she got married, weekdays I left the house before anyone was awake and often didn't get home until they were in bed. Like everyone else I look back on that time and wish I had left work at a reasonable hour like normal people. I enjoy hearing about fathers that spend time in extra curricular activities. I missed a lot.

I am lucky that she likes to fish. Just wish I had a place to go where my grandsons could catch fish on a regular basis. Right now they go when their mother goes with me. They'd go more often if they had the excitement of catching something.

triple_illusion
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by triple_illusion » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:17 am

Welcome and may the Force be with you...