What lure disappointed you the most?

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
lape0019
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: What lure disappointed you the most?

Post by lape0019 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:22 am

dragon1 wrote:
SteveSchmelzle wrote:muskrat as well.
I have snagged a few pissed off oversized muskrats in my day...fun! :shock: :lol:
I am just clarifying, Muskrat is a lake up here :P

FishyFingers
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by FishyFingers » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:04 am

PTL's Hammer Shad. I'm on Erie and I couldn't get bit. Don't know why because they look good...

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:50 pm

lape0019 wrote:
dragon1 wrote:
SteveSchmelzle wrote:muskrat as well.
I have snagged a few pissed off oversized muskrats in my day...fun! :shock: :lol:
I am just clarifying, Muskrat is a lake up here :P
:oops: :lol: :doh:

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:51 am

I don't mean to laugh Van, but that was funnier than all get out..... :lol: :lol:
Reminds me of a song my sister used to make me listen to all the time back in the eighties, when I was but a young buck....aaaaaand so, this one goes out to Van lmfaoooooooo
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xBYV_7a0FQs

Antonese
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Antonese » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:04 am

I got scammed by Doug hannon's snake lure a few years ago. I know better know. Funny thing is it has potential however as is, it is a scam lure. I emailed them with some easy suggestions to make it an actual fish catching lure and they emailed me back with their standard line of crap "No Dinks Allowed"...... Whatever!

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:42 pm

CALL ME RIFLE wrote:I don't mean to laugh Van, but that was funnier than all get out..... :lol: :lol:
Reminds me of a song my sister used to make me listen to all the time back in the eighties, when I was but a young buck....aaaaaand so, this one goes out to Van lmfaoooooooo
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xBYV_7a0FQs
Duuuude, thanks for the memories Brian! LOL...love it man...where's my disco ball (fondly recalling shiny polyester bell bottoms & butterfly collar disco shirt) and ZigZags? 8-) :lol: :big grin:

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:47 pm

Oh man, I'm getting a crazy visual right now...lol Can't help you with the bell bottoms and disco balls, although I reckon I still have some zigzags around here somewhere....you are one hell of a good guy Van, and a great sense of humor too. If you ever find yourself over here on the east side of the country you always have a place to hang your hat, my good man...

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:58 pm

CALL ME RIFLE wrote:Oh man, I'm getting a crazy visual right now...lol Can't help you with the bell bottoms and disco balls, although I reckon I still have some zigzags around here somewhere....you are one hell of a good guy Van, and a great sense of humor too. If you ever find yourself over here on the east side of the country you always have a place to hang your hat, my good man...
100% likewise, Brian, and thank you! I have a good buddy who is from the 'Burg, PA, so you never know!

Read ya on the board Brian!

Derek777
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Derek777 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:01 am

mb spark rig with the prop. caught fish but the hardware and wire was so weak i would lose an arm a fish. lost a giant because the swivel opened. this was all on the same rig.

video evidence here:

http://youtu.be/i3-69E9C3sc

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:39 am

SteveSchmelzle wrote:i believe there is reasonable shot for fish over 6lbs...

of course smallies grow much larger than 6lbs, but on the right lakes, largies over 6lbs are certainly attainable...

if your only fishing "tournament" water, which means heavily fished, popular waters, then your chances are certainly reduced.

but even some of the eastern ontario tournament (renegade, etc) waters (rideau chain, dog lake chain, etc) produces 6lbs largies every year.

muskrat as well.
Sure there are a few out there, hell I've been looking at the same 8lber every year that I am sure would go close to ten in the Spring if we could fish during spawn, I just haven't brought myself to rig up a live bait rig and cheat. She lives in small, gin clear water and she sees you coming a mile away. I have fished day, night, spring and fall. She's been hooked early and often apparently, because she won't even move when it comes to artificials.
I do fish a lot of 'tournament' water, but as a yakker, I explore more and more small water every year. It's just tough to commit that much time to the pursuit of one possible big fish when the season is so short, gas so expensive and time so valuable. Flipping and cranking, my two favourites, net me plenty of fish up to 5lbs ever year and are tons of fun. I guess I just don't have the patience for it. If there were double digits swimming around, it might be a bit more enticing.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:40 am

dragon1 wrote:After I saw Mr. Sebile pump up his "world record bass" on YouTube (which actually, it was a line record of some sort), I understood real quick what this company is all about. :roll:
Here is a fun new post to link to this topic ;)

http://forums.tackletour.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=56961

H8R
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by H8R » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:29 am

Arashi squarebill so far...

emjay
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by emjay » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:52 pm

Evolve Vibra grub. Bought like 5 packs and not one fish over the whole year of fishing. Gave them to my friend for free :lol:

Bronzeye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bronzeye » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:00 am

emjay wrote:Evolve Vibra grub. Bought like 5 packs and not one fish over the whole year of fishing. Gave them to my friend for free :lol:
Could be why this lure, which was in stores and catalogs for several years about two decades ago, disappeared for a while.

goblue
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by goblue » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:49 am

I was about 9 years old and the banjo minnow
looked unstoppable in the commercials...

saved up money to make the purchase and dominate
every fish known to man.

im still trying to recruit people to file a class action
for false advertising.