New one man fishing boat!!

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: New one man fishing boat!!

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:36 pm

If ANY person should come across ANY information pertaining to this boat.....PLEASE POST ASAP!!

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:11 pm

Found it!! www.solo-boat.com
Two piece fiberglass hull? Two piece?? Only has a 300 pound weight capacity. Think I'll pass. DISREGARD :(

Nytron
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Nytron » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:18 pm

Another good choice: Winner at iCast 2012, the Hobie Mirage Pro Angler 12 is the best one man I've seen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc_DhOCDgVc

Able to drop in trolling motor if needed. Stable enough to stand and fish.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:41 pm

Nytron wrote:Another good choice: Winner at iCast 2012, the Hobie Mirage Pro Angler 12 is the best one man I've seen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc_DhOCDgVc

Able to drop in trolling motor if needed. Stable enough to stand and fish.
Yes, I have been eye balling that. It has awesome features for sure. I also like the Freedom Electric X10 twin troller. I'm looking for something that is truly portable, just put it in the water and go. I have a Crestliner Fish Hawk, but for a quick solo trip, no launch required, no waiting on people that don't know how to trailer a boat.....sounds refreshing. Plus I can put in anywhere I find an access point. The problem with the two above mentioned boats is the weight. Portability is doable, but not a breeze. The NFO outlaw rampage frameless pontoon boat is what I'm considering at this point. It weighs only 38 pounds, but has a weight capacity of 1,300 pounds. Any other suggestions are welcome.

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:09 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:Found it!! http://www.solo-boat.com
Two piece fiberglass hull? Two piece?? Only has a 300 pound weight capacity. Think I'll pass. DISREGARD :(
I'm liking this one. Two piece equates to easy loading and unloading (bad back is a curse). Two 46"X40" X12" pieces each weighing about 40lbs each. Since it is two pieces they can stack in the back of an SUV and close the hatch. Complete security and nothing hanging off the back.

Had been looking at a porta-bote, but length meant hatch had to remain open during travel or loading it on the roof (again, lifting bulky over head and adding a roof rack to car).

Hobie Mirage looks awesome, but weight, and size means trailer. :crying:

This Solo-boat has huge potential for me in ponds, canals, rivers and even backwater fishing.

$1499 :-k
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
¿ <°)))))><

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:17 pm

USA-RET wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:Found it!! http://www.solo-boat.com
I'm liking this one. Two piece equates to easy loading and unloading (bad back is a curse). Two 46"X40" X12" pieces each weighing about 40lbs each. Since it is two pieces they can stack in the back of an SUV and close the hatch. Complete security and nothing hanging off the back.

Had been looking at a porta-bote, but length meant hatch had to remain open during travel or loading it on the roof (again, lifting bulky over head and adding a roof rack to car).

Hobie Mirage looks awesome, but weight, and size means trailer. :crying:

This Solo-boat has huge potential for me in ponds, canals, rivers and even backwater fishing.

$1499 :-k
I will let you test out the integrity of that two piece hull :) The weight capacity would be concern for me. If you add an electric, battery, gear, and you......pushing the limitations. I think the twin troller will be for me. It's pricey, but worth the peace of mind. Hands free operation, looks incredibly stable, adjustable seating, perfect for shallow water, well thought out. Just get a good dolly and ramp for the truck bed and you are good to go :D

legendaryyaj
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by legendaryyaj » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:53 pm

I just looked at the Twin Troller and I gotta admit, it's a rip off. Only two 36lbs TM? That's not gonna get you anywhere. I fish a lot of electric only lakes in my area and I can tell you two 36#'s on a windy day isn't gonna do you any good. They also rate the battery life at 6-8 hours? That's only if you go at the slowest setting but even then I doubt you'll get 6-8 hours. I don't know how they are running two 12v motors on 1 12v battery.

I keep looking for something "easy" to fish out of as well but I've found that nothing beats a boat. I actually bought a Sea Eagle Fold Cat after reading great reviews on it and my goodness was it not good at all. That thing was HEAVY and a pain to pack up. Nothing like breaking down a boat, deflating it, and folding it up after a long day of fishing.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:08 pm

legendaryyaj wrote:I just looked at the Twin Troller and I gotta admit, it's a rip off. Only two 36lbs TM? That's not gonna get you anywhere. I fish a lot of electric only lakes in my area and I can tell you two 36#'s on a windy day isn't gonna do you any good. They also rate the battery life at 6-8 hours? That's only if you go at the slowest setting but even then I doubt you'll get 6-8 hours. I don't know how they are running two 12v motors on 1 12v battery.

I keep looking for something "easy" to fish out of as well but I've found that nothing beats a boat. I actually bought a Sea Eagle Fold Cat after reading great reviews on it and my goodness was it not good at all. That thing was HEAVY and a pain to pack up. Nothing like breaking down a boat, deflating it, and folding it up after a long day of fishing.
Different strokes for different folks my friend. You are right....nothing beats a boat, but some seek something simplistic for quick trips, or to get on that body/stretch of water that a big boat simply can not. You can get a pontoon or other small plastic craft that can only take one electric motor. I don't think I intend on fishing it in 30 mph winds :laugh1:

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:47 am

Here's another interesting one man option. Two piece with an interesting float/kicker option.

http://www.solocraft.net/HISTORY.html

Picture cracks me up as I can only imagine how it would handle in even a mild chop. :lol:

Solo boat with the oar option still intrigues me. I'm looking for simple. I've experienced some of my best fishing out of a small row boat with a single rod and limited tackle. Eliminating the trolling motor and battery weight certainly improves the load characteristics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54KVo571mww

Not a good choice for large bodies of water but perfect for the Florida canal systems, ponds and inter-coastal back waters.

I'm close to pulling the trigger on this one.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
¿ <°)))))><

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:10 am

USARET - That picture of the 1st boat cracks me up. Think I could just grab one of my daughters floaties out of the pool and fish from that :big grin: Please let us know if you decide to purchase, and give us a write up after you have used it.

legendaryyaj
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by legendaryyaj » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:42 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:Different strokes for different folks my friend. You are right....nothing beats a boat, but some seek something simplistic for quick trips, or to get on that body/stretch of water that a big boat simply can not. You can get a pontoon or other small plastic craft that can only take one electric motor. I don't think I intend on fishing it in 30 mph winds :laugh1:
Two 36#'s isn't anything special if you think its better than a craft that can take 1. Again, I don't see how they are running two 12v motors on 1 12v battery and claiming 6-8 hours of life. For the price they are asking, I would expect at least two 55#'s on it. If weight isn't an factor for you like USA-Ret, a kayak would suit you much better and be more simplistic. No need to charge batteries and no worries about maintenance if one motor was to fail.

Try'em out an let us know how it goes! I can't stand sitting down to bass fish so my only option is a boat right now.

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:22 am

Finally ran across this one again. Looks like another option since it can be disassembled into light individual pieces. Operates as a kicker or not if you choose.

No inflation necessary means no leaks =D>

http://www.ventureoutdoors.net/pontoon_boats.htm

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Venture- ... l+Products

Comes with a trolling motor package also. Gets great reviews.

Base model is 1/3 the price of the solo-boat too. :-k
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
¿ <°)))))><

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:14 pm

USA-RET wrote:Finally ran across this one again. Looks like another option since it can be disassembled into light individual pieces. Operates as a kicker or not if you choose.

No inflation necessary means no leaks =D>

http://www.ventureoutdoors.net/pontoon_boats.htm

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Venture- ... l+Products

Comes with a trolling motor package also. Gets great reviews.

Base model is 1/3 the price of the solo-boat too. :-k
Yes, I was looking at that too. I really like the drop in battery box and motor mount. Again, the weight capacity is of concern to me. Also, the Solo Boat has a swivel seat and option to mount electric in front of you

tH3_Guy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tH3_Guy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:22 am

Yeah Ive been looking at the sea eagle frameless pontoon boat. It be nice in my local ponds and backwater I just recently discover that is barely molested from the bank. :) next years tax return will get one of these one man boat :D

thereeldreamer
Angler
Angler

Post by thereeldreamer » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:13 am

http://chrisitianburnsfishing.weebly.com