New one man fishing boat!!

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
User avatar
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4726
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:20 pm

New one man fishing boat!!

Postby Hogsticker2 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:38 pm

Anybody know what this boat is, or who makes it? I need one!! Bad!!!
www.bassmaster.com/blogs/icast-2012-liv ... going-solo

User avatar
USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4512
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:49 pm
Location: Bonita Springs / Lake Placid FL.

Re: New one man fishing boat!!

Postby USA-RET » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:11 am

Now this has potential. If it can slide into a regular SUV. Perfect for Canals and Ponds down here, if I can keep the Lizards away. :lol: Another guy went "Amos Moses" down here, "Right arm gone clean up to the elbow". :doh:

(second video link works)

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/alligat ... n-florida/
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
¿ <°)))))><

User avatar
facelessnewsouth
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1535
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:02 pm
Location: Savannah, GA

Re: New one man fishing boat!!

Postby facelessnewsouth » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:27 am

USA-RET wrote:Now this has potential. If it can slide into a regular SUV. Perfect for Canals and Ponds down here, if I can keep the Lizards away. :lol: Another guy went "Amos Moses" down here, "Right arm gone clean up to the elbow". :doh:

(second video link works)

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/alligat ... n-florida/


I can empathize with your trepidation there, USA-RET. Between gators and moccasins, it's downright hazardous fishing our local waters. There's still a very upscale neighborhood in the area going through litigation concerning the death of a 70 y.o. woman who was killed by a gator while walking around a neighborhood lagoon.

User avatar
USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4512
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:49 pm
Location: Bonita Springs / Lake Placid FL.

Re: New one man fishing boat!!

Postby USA-RET » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:17 am

There is 17+ foot dinosaur living in a university lake I fish (he looks to measure close to 20 inches from nose to eye ridge). I keep my eye on him the entire time I'm out there.

His girlfriend is a solid 11' and they rule that place. He normally stays on the opposite shoreline eating "coots". :lol: If he starts heading to where I'm fishing I'm heading for the hills. This has been the only lizard I've encountered that has that effect on me. Down-right scary to where I'm thinking more about him than my fishing. :shock:
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

¿ <°)))))><

User avatar
Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 4474
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:41 am
Location: NE Ohio

Re: New one man fishing boat!!

Postby Tokugawa » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:09 am

That looks cool. I have a perfect place for that. Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

USA-RET - those gators always gave me the willies fishing down there. :shock:

VEEDUBGYRL
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:51 pm

Re: New one man fishing boat!!

Postby VEEDUBGYRL » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:15 pm

cool boat

i would never recommend fishing alone. its just not safe.
VEEDUBGYRL

User avatar
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4726
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: New one man fishing boat!!

Postby Hogsticker2 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:23 pm

VEEDUBGYRL wrote:cool boat

i would never recommend fishing alone. its just not safe.

Paranoid much? Are you referring to big blue?

Scott F
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:45 am

Re: New one man fishing boat!!

Postby Scott F » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:54 pm

If you like that boat, personal pontoons are nearly the same thing. Plus you can get 4 (or more) pontoons in an SUV.

Image

mythos
Angler
Angler
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 5:43 am

Re: New one man fishing boat!!

Postby mythos » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:58 pm

USA-RET wrote:Now this has potential. If it can slide into a regular SUV. Perfect for Canals and Ponds down here, if I can keep the Lizards away. :lol: Another guy went "Amos Moses" down here, "Right arm gone clean up to the elbow". :doh:

(second video link works)

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/alligat ... n-florida/


I wouldn't swim in these waters, but to have one of these come grab your fish...scary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcuYjDR2tSg

VEEDUBGYRL
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:51 pm

Re: New one man fishing boat!!

Postby VEEDUBGYRL » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:54 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
VEEDUBGYRL wrote:cool boat

i would never recommend fishing alone. its just not safe.

Paranoid much? Are you referring to big blue?


I just think safe. I've been in plenty of situations where a 2nd or more persons have helped. Plus it's more enjoyable when there is company.
VEEDUBGYRL

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:10 pm

Re: New one man fishing boat!!

Postby tywithay » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:21 am

That one is pretty slick, but I like this one better.....

The Stor-N-Boat!

http://www.anglerschannel.com/content/c ... 012?page=8

User avatar
USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4512
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:49 pm
Location: Bonita Springs / Lake Placid FL.

Re: New one man fishing boat!!

Postby USA-RET » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:16 am

I had found one model pontoon boat that had my interest. Looked like the inflatables, but had solid pontoons and a single seat on an aluminum frame with a mesh net for a floor to prevent dropping stuff in the water.

The aluminum frame clamped on to the two pontoons and had foot pegs to rest your feet. Came with oars and locks with a novel way to keep to oar tips out of the water while fishing.

Disassembled it would easily fit into an SUV or pick up truck, Since it was constructed from individual pieces, anyone with a bad back could load or unload the boat piecemeal and assemble on the ground and drag to water.
No pumps or potential for leaks. Was priced around $600.

With my back (two herniated discs) trying to lift 100lbs of bulky material over my head on to a car roof is asking for trouble.

I tried to locate it again to post it here,, but cannot find the link. ](*,)
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

¿ <°)))))><

User avatar
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4726
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: New one man fishing boat!!

Postby Hogsticker2 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:44 am

USA-RET wrote:I had found one model pontoon boat that had my interest. Looked like the inflatables, but had solid pontoons and a single seat on an aluminum frame with a mesh net for a floor to prevent dropping stuff in the water.

The aluminum frame clamped on to the two pontoons and had foot pegs to rest your feet. Came with oars and locks with a novel way to keep to oar tips out of the water while fishing.

Disassembled it would easily fit into an SUV or pick up truck, Since it was constructed from individual pieces, anyone with a bad back could load or unload the boat piecemeal and assemble on the ground and drag to water.
No pumps or potential for leaks. Was priced around $600.

With my back (two herniated discs) trying to lift 100lbs of bulky material over my head on to a car roof is asking for trouble.

I tried to locate it again to post it here,, but cannot find the link. ](*,)

Check out the NFO Outlaw Rampage frameless pontoon boat. Sounds like this may be a great craft for you. It weighs only 38 pounds, yet has a weight capacity of 1,300 pounds! A little spendy but well worth the dough. Put it in the trunk, inflate it in 5 min., and get to fishing.

User avatar
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4726
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: New one man fishing boat!!

Postby Hogsticker2 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:16 am

Still can't figure out who makes this boat :evil:

User avatar
biggs
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:52 am
Location: Ottawa, ON CANADA

Re: New one man fishing boat!!

Postby biggs » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:29 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:Still can't figure out who makes this boat :evil:


Me neither, I keep checking where this thread is incase someone posts what it is!
Strange that is gets put up on that site because its at iCast and is awesome and they don't mention its name/manufacturer once.


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests