New one man fishing boat!!

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
My Fishing Lake
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: New one man fishing boat!!

Post by My Fishing Lake » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:14 am

legendaryyaj wrote:I just looked at the Twin Troller and I gotta admit, it's a rip off. Only two 36lbs TM? That's not gonna get you anywhere. I fish a lot of electric only lakes in my area and I can tell you two 36#'s on a windy day isn't gonna do you any good. They also rate the battery life at 6-8 hours? That's only if you go at the slowest setting but even then I doubt you'll get 6-8 hours. I don't know how they are running two 12v motors on 1 12v battery.

I keep looking for something "easy" to fish out of as well but I've found that nothing beats a boat. I actually bought a Sea Eagle Fold Cat after reading great reviews on it and my goodness was it not good at all. That thing was HEAVY and a pain to pack up. Nothing like breaking down a boat, deflating it, and folding it up after a long day of fishing.
WOW! A rip off? With all due respect sir, I don't think you've ever fished in a Twin Troller X10 let alone owned one.

Let's get one thing out of the way, first. I assist Freedom Electric Marine in their marketing. For those of you that want to discount my comments go right ahead. There isn't much I can say to change your opinion. For the rest of you, I'm an owner, I've logged many, many, many days and hours in a Twin Troller X10 and I'm not lying or trying to deceive anyone.

That being said....

You're not going to go on the water 50 MPH in a Twin Troller. You're not going to go 10 MPH. You'll be lucky if you reach 6 MPH. And, your not going to put it on the roof of your car. If that's what you want, buy a kayak. But a kayak is not a Twin Troller. Not even close.

2 - 36 lb. thrust motors are more than enough. This boat is designed to fish in "stealth mode".... not "make-a-wake-mode". I have fished in 20+ mph winds. Not a problem. I often tell customers, "this boat will handle any conditions you're willing to fish in". And that's the truth. If you're a tournament fisherman fishing in rough water to win, that's a different story. The Twin Troller is for the fisherman wanting to have a good time. I've been in 30+ MPH winds on the Intracoastal in Florida....but I have the Honda 2.3 HP. I got in just fine, but I wouldn't fish in 30 MPH winds. Why would I want to?

Cost: I hear this all the time. The Twin Troller X10 is a superior boat. Both in functionality and quality. I've hit mine with a hammer (yes that's me in the video). Do you really want a boat made out of the same materials an outhouse is made of? That's why the Twin Troller is more money. It cost more to make. Better materials, higher cost. There are many, many owners (I would say most) that have had their Twin Troller from the beginning ( 7+ years). They still have the same pedals and motors. Replacing motors is easy and costs $150. You can do it yourself no problem.

Battery life. With a series 29 you can go 3 hours with both motors on FULL. Yes, both motors operate on 1 battery. The design is very efficient. I have gone 10 hours fishing. I'm not trolling all the time but none the less, I've done it. If you need to travel a distance on the water, get the Honda outboard. I've had many times I've launched then traveled 3 miles with my Honda to get where I want to fish. On a big electric lake? Throw in an extra series 29 battery. 6 hours with both motors on FULL. How long do you want to fish?

Not everyone can afford a Ferrari but I know a lot of fisherman can afford a Twin Troller. The maintenance cost is almost nothing. I'll spend in my lifetime maintaining a Twin Troller what a 20ft. bass boat owner will spend in one year on GAS! Owners of Twin Trollers know what they have and love it. I tow mine behind a car that gets 35 mpg. I love going fishing for 10 cents + whatever gas I use in my Honda. $1.00 maybe?

I hope this clears things up for those of you on the fence. It is what it is. It's the best 10 ft. boat on the planet. There is nothing like it anywhere in the world. Some of our owners would pay $10,000 for one. If you can afford one, get one.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:50 am

The boat will not handle any conditions people are stupid enough to put the boat in. Good idea, let's encourage folks to possibly drown. I stopped reading after that comment. Later

jamesdta
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jamesdta » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:47 am

Check out watertender 9.4

Stand all day in it, very sturdy, and it fits in my truck bed.

Dustien
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Dustien » Sun May 28, 2017 1:59 pm

For anyone reading this, I just want to say that, after 5 years, I will still recommend this boat to anyone, anywhere, anytime! I have found few limitations with this mighty little boat. I'm a 62 year old grandmother and love a boat that I can easily put in and out of the water and stand up in and move around in when needed. I've used this boat to fish, video wildlife and collect driftwood. The only thing I can't use it for is swimming from, since I'm a bit too hefty and old to be hefting myself over the side and, as of yet, there's no swim latter's build for it that I know of. Maybe the Twin Troller folks will read this and make One that would work? That would be great.

Love this boat, and now, after 5 years, will definitely give it a 5 stars and, if anything happed to this boat I'd go right out and buy another immediately! I'm a true Twin Troller Fan. Just go to Twin Troller Fan on you tube and you'll find me floating down a beautiful peaceful local NW Arkansas creek taking photos of the wildlife I see...and not a soul asked or paid me to do that video (wish they had). I simply did it to tell folks what a great boat the Twin Troller by Freedom Marine really is! It's not a rip off at all, as the poster mentioned... nope, not at all! It's the best little boat out there, believe me!

Mnsmallieguy
Angler
Angler

Post by Mnsmallieguy » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:00 pm

I will just throw this out there. Not sure if it has ever been mentioned here but check this out. Could be fun with a little more storage and creative rod stowage.

http://www.bassbanditboats.com/index.html

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:28 pm

Mnsmallieguy wrote:I will just throw this out there. Not sure if it has ever been mentioned here but check this out. Could be fun with a little more storage and creative rod stowage.

http://www.bassbanditboats.com/index.html
Wow. That can't be cheap

VAsmallies
Angler
Angler

Post by VAsmallies » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:15 am

jig61
Angler
Angler

Post by jig61 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:27 am

down4ttown
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by down4ttown » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:41 pm

I could rock that.

nikbrewer
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by nikbrewer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:41 am

i am currently using several Aquaglide inflatable kayaks. I have a 12' i use for lakes, and a 9' i use for the creek by my house. SO far i love them. Easy to set up, light, and easy to fish out of. The 12' holds all my gear and even has scotty mounts so i can mount my fish finder. THe small one i take out with 2 rods, and a tiny tackle box and its great.

freelancer27
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by freelancer27 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:31 pm

Interesting! Would it hold 2 people?

nikbrewer
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by nikbrewer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:47 am

i have put 2 people and a toddler in each of my kayaks. It may be slightly light for 2 rigged up for fishing, but could be done. THe beauty is they take up no space, so just get 2 so each person can fish

sqhertz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sqhertz » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:07 pm

How about a solo skiff?

https://www.soloskiff.com

Giqqo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Giqqo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:27 am