Marshal anyone?

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
Chueyi10
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Marshal anyone?

Post by Chueyi10 » Thu May 03, 2012 7:34 am

Hey TT, I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I couldn't find another place to post. Have any of you guys been marshal's in the Bassmaster Classic? if so how was the experience? How do you become a marshal? I'm asking this because the Classic is coming to my hometown this summer and I would love to be a marshal !! :big grin: Any advice would help.

Nic
"Cast and Destroy"

bumpnjerk
Angler
Angler

Re: Marshal anyone?

Post by bumpnjerk » Thu May 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Hi. I have been a marshal at the classic a couple of times now. It can be a great experience if you go into it with the right mindset. First thing you need to be aware of is that you will not be in the boat with an agler every day. Best you can hope for is 2 or 3 out of 4. (they use marshals on the wednesday practice day as well as the 3 days of competition) They also use marshals to work the service yard in different ways depending on the location. You may be asked to tow boats from a staging area to the arena where a professional driver will take over and drive through the arena. You can stay in the truck if you like. The best part is being on the water with the pro's. It gives you the chance to see how the pro's fish the lake differently, or similarly to you. Most of the pro's are very talkitive throughout the day and answer most questions you have about what they are doing and why.

They President of the states federation nation is who is in charge of lining up the marshals. I am pretty sure it is open to any one who wants to vollunteer. I have a buddy who has signed us up both times by emailing the man in charge. Overall I think it was a great experience. It definitly opened my eyes to the strategies involved in winning big tournaments.