I think I'm done buying non new reels anywhere but TT

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
BlaineFred
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: I think I'm done buying non new reels anywhere but TT

Post by BlaineFred » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:55 pm

I have bought and sold tackle on BBC, TT, Bass Resource, and at flea markets.

I've been very pleased dealing with the people here on TT. I even sold a Calais DC reel to a fellow in the Czech Republic for $400. I was a little uneasy about it, as I would with any major international deal. But everything went smoothly.

I have bought a large majority of my reels here on TT in like-new condition. The prices on the reels are usually reasonable, and the described condition has been accurate in all cases. I recall in one case a fellow was selling a Curado 51E at a relatively high price, after the E series had been discontinued and many stores had them on clearance sales. I pointed this out to the fellow via a PM, and he was not aware of the discontinued models. He immediately dropped his price to a reasonable level, and I bought it.

In general, the BBC caters to the anglers who are selling lower-cost items. There are exceptions, of course, but you will find BBC people selling things like four used John Crews SPRO crankbaits; or five or six used Terminator spinner baits. Some of the stuff looks to be in very poor condition, or is very poorly displayed. I recently sold the Bill Dance Bass Fishing DVD/DC course there. Something I should not have bought in the first place.

Regarding flea markets, I've had some bad expriences buying line. It's amazing how much time and effort some people will spend putting some cheap line on a line spool and then selling for a cheap price like $3. My experiences didn't cost me much, except some of my own time. I was also embarrassed once when I tried to sell a spool of what I thought was whie PowerPro braid at a flea market that I bought the year before. The guy who was interested looked at the line, and it looked like kite string or some other junk. I didn't inspect the line, and I would have trashed it if I had known that it was junk. Overall, lessons learned.

bigfish85
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: I think I'm done buying non new reels anywhere but TT

Post by bigfish85 » Sun May 06, 2012 11:34 am

Had nothing but good experiences on TT. Only one bad-ish transaction and it wasn't here.