I think I'm done buying non new reels anywhere but TT

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
taylor5877
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

I think I'm done buying non new reels anywhere but TT

Post by taylor5877 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:14 am

Seriously...folks just don't care for their reels properly and/or disclose all about used reels on other sites.

I think every single transaction I've done through tackletour for used reels has resulted in an absolutely perfect mechanically speciman reguardless of the shape.

For example, I've recently been replacing/upgrading my reels to Zillions and Fuegos, so I've bought many used reels. I recently got 2 in from bh54lf and they were middle of the pack as far as cosmetics go on the reels I was buying. Solid 8/10, but not perfect cosmetically. These reels work like new though, so I know they were cared for while fishing.

I get a few reels from other sites and on one of the Zillions I ended up having to replace every single bearing in the reel (as inexplicably they were the only thing corroded in the internals :-k , but it was ALL of them in the end). On others the gearsets needed replacing at the very least. All basically advertised as "good used condition".

I guess what I'm saying is that I like and appreciate tackletour's definition of "good used condition".

Thanks again to all I've delt with on this site, top notch guys Image

bstuckey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: I think I'm done buying non new reels anywhere but TT

Post by bstuckey » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:26 pm

The members here are outstanding! =D>

legendaryyaj
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by legendaryyaj » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:50 pm

It's probably because this is mainly an enthusiasts board so half of us don't fish hard and catch big fish. :lol:

It's more like we try a reel and then decide to collect it or pass it on to get replaced. I find myself not wanting to fish my nicer stuff and have found this is more of a hoarding deal than fishing now. I'm only speaking for myself though and the above was a joke if anyone didn't get it.

falcon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by falcon » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:58 am

Never had a negative experience and actually prefer using the BBC boards for selling and buying.
Legend Alpha 211/Merc 250 Pro XS

Seph
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Seph » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:15 am

[sarcasm]
Are you guys saying you CLEAN AND OIL your reels?!?!? What a waste of time... I like to wait until mine get real dirty and then try to take them back to a retailer to demand a new one...
cause this crap shouldn't break, I only fished it once in saltwater then left it in my garage for 3 years near a window where the sunlight could rot my monofilament line and now the reel is all rusted and my line always breaks...
I was sold a defective product...and if this reel is not swapped out I am never shopping here again,

-- no I didnt rinse it off?! this thing cost 150 bucks WHY should i need to 'rinse' it, you didn't TELL me I had to rinse it...this is your fault..

OK fine you wont return it... ill sell it so some guy on EBAY!!

It is in 'GOOD USED CONDITION''

[/sarcasm]

\:D/ see what i did there?? \:D/
Last edited by Seph on Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:19 am

falcon wrote:Never had a negative experience and actually prefer using the BBC boards for selling and buying.
agreed but there are some high end reels here

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Nitroman77 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:16 am

falcon wrote:Never had a negative experience and actually prefer using the BBC boards for selling and buying.
Ill agree with that only because Ive been blocked to buy and sell on here.. ](*,) :lol: :roll:
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats

facelessnewsouth
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by facelessnewsouth » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:52 am

I've bought, sold, and traded here on TT, and have had wonderful experiences each time. Of course, I try to be honest, and hope everyone else does the same, and always check forum history and feedback of those I buy from.

Have also sold on BBC, never bought anything there, but have definitely thought about it. I think the feedback thread here gives me what may be a false sense of security.

bstuckey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bstuckey » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:01 pm

Nitroman77 wrote:
Ill agree with that only because Ive been blocked to buy and sell on here.. ](*,) :lol: :roll:
What the F? Why? When? ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:59 pm

bstuckey wrote:
What the F? Why? When? ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
For repeatedly ignoring requests to cease and desist pushing his own business agenda on the forum.

People have little issue taking advantage of the opportunities the TT Forum presents enabling you to discover a business opportunity, building upon it, and even developing a customer base ... but when they do not agree with advertising rates and then are brazen enough to throw it back in our faces by continuing to openly solicit business against TT rules, then we take action.
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

cjtoad
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by cjtoad » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:10 pm

quote]

For repeatedly ignoring requests to cease and desist pushing his own business agenda on the forum.

People have little issue taking advantage of the opportunities the TT Forum presents enabling you to discover a business opportunity, building upon it, and even developing a customer base ... but when they do not agree with advertising rates and then are brazen enough to throw it back in our faces by continuing to openly solicit business against TT rules, then we take action.[/quote]
Wow "beware the darkside" takes on a whole new meaning now :lol: .
Total agree with the OP great place to buy and sell, never had any problem and don't expect to in the future.

Buck2thPerch
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Buck2thPerch » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:33 am

I have not experienced any bad purchases, trades, or sales on TT. Of all the fishing forums out there, TT by far has been one of the best and now I am just a regular joe here. I seldom visit any other sites in the past 3 yrs. Everything I want to know about the latest or the oldest tackle...IS RIGHT HERE. From original price to market value to anything. This makes me feel more at ease when purchasing, trading, or selling. There are more knowledgeable people on TT. And I agree, everyone here so far, has been very honest and helpful.

Off topic...
I have been here for a while now that whenever I see orange, all I think about is an old wise cracking guy holding in one hand a fish and an orange pixy on a rod in the other. Am I going nuts or what? ](*,) ](*,)

My wife claims TT is a Tackle Facebook.....*sigh*.
Marine General Staff - Duluth MN
**What is fishing?**

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:53 am

Buck2thPerch wrote:I have been here for a while now that whenever I see orange, all I think about is an old wise cracking guy holding in one hand a fish and an orange pixy on a rod in the other. Am I going nuts or what? ](*,) ](*,)
It's good to know that my evil plan for chromatic World domination is working.

ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

taylor5877
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by taylor5877 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:04 am

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:42 am