Your Biggest Bass ? - Lure/Line/etc.

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
Toadslayer72
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Your Biggest Bass ? - Lure/Line/etc.

Post by Toadslayer72 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:14 am

Bassboss wrote:Monday June 21 2010. I'd been having good luck all day with a 6" zoom watermelon lizard, when I felt hard thump in on the end of my line. I reel up the slack, feel pressure and set the hook hard. My drag slips, but I get a good hook set. She starts coming to the surface and I put my rod down in the water to prevent her form jumping. Despite that she lunges almost all the way out of the water. I get her close and she goes mad and starts pulling drag. She gets close, I reach down to lip her, take a few pics, get it weighed and put her back to swim free! =D>

6'6" Cabelas XML jig/worm rod, BPS johnny Morris gold reel, and 40lb Power Pro braid.
6" zoom watermelon lizard, 3/16 oz bullet weight, 3/0 mustad worm hook.

I've got the hook, the weight, the lizard, and a section of line still with me! ;)

12lb 1oz

Pics don't do it justice.

The first picture definitely does not look that big at all. The second pic is real nice. Where(what state) did you catch the fish?

nuocmam1222
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by nuocmam1222 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:36 am

9.96 lbs
Lure: Kinami Flash Grn Pum Red & Blk Flakes
Line: Yo-Zuri Hybrid 10 lbs
Rod: G. Loomis CR722
Reel: Shimano Chronarch 50MG
Place: Lake Pardee, CA
Date: July 7, 2010

Snyder Rods
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Snyder Rods » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:34 am

13 pounds

Snyder Rods ML 7' Spinning

Diawa Fuego 2000

16lb. Stren Magnathin

Caught this year. Secret spot.

Caught on a senko knock-off with a nail in it, nose-hooked and worked on the bottom. The worms were on closeout at $ 0.99 per bag :mrgreen:

Sonicx360
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Sonicx360 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:27 am

Update on my biggest bass:
This smallmouth's estimated weight is 4 pounds and it was caught on:
-BPS Carbonlite 6' 9" Med-Lite spinning rod
-Shimano Sienna 2500 FD
-8-pound test Sufix Siege in Green
-Live crawfish under a bobber

damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by damian_megabass » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:05 am

Biggest this year for me was 7.05, fishing in an open bay casting out into shallow-deeper water (drop offs/flats). Using 7' m-hvy Zillion rod/Zonda 68/14 lbs Subline Metan Green with a Vision 110 TLC. For some reason bass was hitting this color all day caught them all sizes from dinks to 3-4 lbrs......Casted this thing out deep, jerk-jerk-jerk 3 sec pause, jerk-jerk, 5 sec pause, jerk-jerk-jerk 8 sec pause and as I was about to reel and jerk my slack line started moving...reeled a little bit and set the hook. :big grin:

Fun day and that was my last day of fishing for the year. Time to relax before winter and stock up on lures and setups. :-$
I will NEVER sell another 3:16 swimbait again!

Derek777
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Derek777 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:35 am

biggest largemouth bass (8.03lbs) was a year ago in the spring from shore. i was away on training and found a dinky little lake that only gets stocked/fished for trout. i had just come from bass pros and had picked up a couple of kvd white/chartreuse spinnerbait. i was playing with the retrieve and checking the action and threw it parallel to shore about 3 feet out. it passed a overhanging bush and had a gigantic swirl and just about pulled my rod out of my hands. i was using a gloomis bronzeback smr751sp spinning rod, my trusty daiwa tdsol spinning reel and 8lb sufix braid. most awesome fish for me ever, and the only fish ive ever caught that was so fat its eyes were bugged out.

my biggest smallie was a close to 5+lb smallie i caught on my home lake but a year earlier. amazingly it was the same rod, reel, and line, but bait was a black fat ika. i actually caught 8 or nine 4+ lbers in the space of 3 days in the same general area.

triple_illusion
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by triple_illusion » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:55 am

got to the lake, think it was the 2nd or 3rd cast, boom! told my brother, "let's go now, we got what we came for!"

6 foot imx
8 lb. izorline xxx
chronarch mg 100
shallow crank
12 lb. bass

FiSh_FoR_tHe_StArS

Bass Junkie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Bass Junkie » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:21 am

7.5lb. Northern Strain Largemouth

7' Shimano Convergence ML
Daiwa Crossfire 3000-3iB spinning reel
30lb. Power Pro braid
Stanley Ribbit Frog, Baby Bass (The original Baby Bass color)

A few years ago, but i can still remember it all....
I still have that rig and will never let it go... Not a Steez by any means, but its staying with me

l2yan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by l2yan » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:14 pm

7#'er taken on the new yellow/black KVD silent crank. 2 feet of water, I hauled that toad out and OVER nasty brush with 6# pline mono. What can I say, I really enjoy the sport of using light line :P
Last edited by l2yan on Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.BigSmallieTackle.com
www.HeroesOnTheWater.org

NJ Jigman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by NJ Jigman » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:39 am

5.7 smallie on Merrill Creek Res, NJ. Caught on a Falcon 7'0'' ML Bucoo and jdm shimano Twin Power 2000. Lure was a avacado/gold cabin creek spider on a 3/16 litewire hook football head. 12ft on rocky wall. Not huge but quality for NJ

Toadslayer72
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Toadslayer72 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:21 am

triple_illusion wrote:got to the lake, think it was the 2nd or 3rd cast, boom! told my brother, "let's go now, we got what we came for!"

6 foot imx
8 lb. izorline xxx
chronarch mg 100
shallow crank
12 lb. bass

Damn dude.....why so serious, lol. I'd like to think a double digit beast like that could get at least a smirk from just about everyone except maybe Butch Brown or Mike Long.

5poundhooker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 5poundhooker » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:25 pm

My biggest was last fall 2010 in a small lake called Round lake just a small channel from Wamplers lake in Michigan. It weighed in at 5lbs.14oz. I caught it drop shotting in 22ft. with the 3/8oz weight 11in. down from the Owner mosquito hook(size 2). The lure was a 4.5in. Kamakazee Fidget worm (watermelon purple flake). The rod was a 7'2'' Carbonlite med. and a JM 40h spinning reel. The line was 10# Floroclear(clear). For Michigan that was a giant. We had already been fishing for 7 hours or so and I was starting to get a bit tired and I had not moved the bait for atleast 40 seconds or more when she bit.

tjmaniac
Angler
Angler

Post by tjmaniac » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:45 pm

mine was a 24" 7.8lb. lmb caught with a baby brush hog in green pumpkin magic on 10lb. cxxx on a curado201e7 with a compre 6' mh/xf rod. my biggest fish ever! \:D/

Shimano-Or-Nothing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Shimano-Or-Nothing » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:26 pm

I'm not sure on the biggest fish I've ever caught. This is the biggest fish I caught last year. It came in at 6.91lbs. Caught it on a Pepper Punk jig (Zak Attack) with a Zoom Creepy Clawer trailer (rootbeer pepper green), 14lb metan green Sunline. It was late Feb, I stuck it pitching at that dock in the background.

triple_illusion
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by triple_illusion » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:33 pm

Damn dude.....why so serious, lol. I'd like to think a double digit beast like that could get at least a smirk from just about everyone except maybe Butch Brown or Mike Long.
does that put me in the same group as mike long n butch brown? lol just messin, but seriously id like to see them pull double digits outta pudd....from shore nonetheless.... :D
FiSh_FoR_tHe_StArS