"sun" shirts

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
btune
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

"sun" shirts

Post by btune » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:44 am

After a bout with some skin "issues" I need to upgrade my protection. I have and really like the Under Armor shirt but they are only a "30" on the protection scale. I see on TW that the Shimano is a "50" and that is what I would like to try. Anyone wear these and if so how do you like them?

BASSLAYER
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: "sun" shirts

Post by BASSLAYER » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:03 am

I really like the XPS shirts from Bass Pro. UPF 40

http://www.basspro.com/World-Wide-Sport ... 2/-1757322
Kenjutsu
(剣術)

btune
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by btune » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:25 am

Thanks, I needed another excuse to go to BPS anyway!

Shimanoman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Shimanoman » Thu May 05, 2011 2:34 am

btune; I have some "skin issues" too. I have been more than pleased with the BPS brand World Wide Sportsman shirts with long sleeves. I find that despite their 30+ spf rating they give wonderful protection. ( suspect ,probably in the neighbourhood of 50). I usually purchase them 1 or 2 sizes too large (after all, fishing is not a fashion show) they are VERY comfortable on those days when the sky is crystal clear and temperature is in the 95-102 range. I also lift the collar and wear a "flats" cap long bill, with fold down neck and ear protection along with my gloves, (it ain't about fashion, it IS about protection) Regards....